“Very comfortable”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Germany
“Very comfortable”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

This is a very comfortable and accommodating hotel. The rooms are big with good sized bathrooms and great beds. The staff and service are courteous. The breakfast buffet is plentiful and delicious. I enjoyed our stay very much, thank you.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This hotel is located on Harbor East, the most recently developed part of Baltimore. The location is outstanding, as it is convenient to many restaurants and attractions.

The rooms are quite large, with many having views of the harbor.

If you go there right after a large convention has ended, sometimes the rooms are not ready by the 4:00 check-in time.

The concierge breakfast is good, but closer monitoring of the temperature of hot items would be helpful.

Room Tip: Request a high floor and a harbor-view room.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The hotel is just perfect. Situated at the harbour, the rooms on the harbour side have magnificent view.The health centre offers great facilities and is very clean. The service at the hotel is just awesome. Rooms décor isvery contemporary

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the harbour view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Irvine, California
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I usually do not like big hotels and try to avoid staying in one when I'm on a trip, but I recently attended a conference in Baltimore at the Marriott Waterfront and was pleasantly surprised. My room had a terrific view of the Harbor, the hotel facilities were excellent and the location was excellent, with terrific restaurants in walking distance. Tip: when you make a reservation, definitely get a room with a view.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view of the Harbor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Honey Brook, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This ginormous Marriott property offers everything you'd expect. It was exceptional for our large event and highly recommend it for conferences, galas and the like. It is comfortable, convenient and close to everything. Best part - the exceptional views from the Concierge floors and lounge.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Making reservations under a group block was very time consuming and ambiguous. Needed to call back 3 times to have everything ironed out. Then, problems with weather had us arriving a day early. We were not given a AAA rate because "We are sold out." That's what I was told at check in. I had made reservations... I was one of the reasons they were 'sold out.' I was told to show my card upon check in when I called, then I was denied AAA standing. I was so tired I just wanted to get to my room and said that I would make some phone calls in the morning to try to straighten everything out. Well, about 1/2 hour after I was in my room, the phone rang and the rate was honored and apologies were made. THAT is customer service.

Housekeeping was very prompt and efficient. The work out room was very clean and airy with no musty odor. It was very well equipped and that was a big plus. There is a laundry service available and we took advantage of that. Very thankful. The set up is awesome because the workout room is adjacent to the pool. It kept us all together doing our own thing. Very nice.

As far as Joel and the other staff at the pool, outstanding. There were upwards of 27 choir students in the pool at any given time, one of whom was my son. I was watching ALL of the kids and so was Joel. VERY attentive. Very polite to some of the girls who were getting a little rambunctious who needed to be corrected for their safety and the safety of others around them. He was respectful, firm and fair. He should be commended... and I know, 'that's what they are paid for....' but he was busy constantly and had such a nice attitude. He was cleaning, straightening, watching the swimmers, attentive to a boy with a bloody nose, personable, testing the water, tending to the towels. All with a smile and represented the hotel with the utmost respect. What a pleasure!

Little things were.... staying in the hotel for a convention there should have been a map of the elevator levels. Up and down and over and here and there... They are marked on the outside, but a little extra help would have been appreciated. The WiFi costs were insulting, period. The toilet paper, I've had better quality in an airport lavatory. The towels smelled like chemicals and were dingy, thin and rough. The bedding was very comfortable. The thermostat in the room worked perfectly and it was very comfortable throughout the stay.

Pushing the buffet for breakfast, limiting the order to the buffet for breakfast for $16.95 was HORRIBLE. I had a spoonful of cold, rubbery eggs and a spoonful of stale tasting hash brownish homefries/frozen crap, coffee and OJ. I left hungry and with the feeling I had been had big time. Walk over to Whole Foods and sit there to eat.... worth it minus the aggravation. The 700 restaurant has the best views on the 31st floor, but that is only temporary and it is being reconstructed on the first floor. Well, that's not our problem and the first night eating there it was very nice, classy with great service. The next night we heard so many complaints about how the kitchen was down stairs on the first floor and how hard it was on all of them.... what a vast difference.

We understand that with so many floors the elevator doors need to open and shut quickly, however, just a couple more seconds would be beneficial. I leaned over to push the 'door open' button when friends were right behind me and a gentleman had the same idea and clocked me right in the eye. I felt worse for him... he felt so bad and he was just trying to help. MANY other people commented on how quickly the doors close.

We were honored a late check out which was very much appreciated.

Room Tip: Talk to the receptionist/reservationist about the room that best suites you.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Hotel is a little unkempt - candy wrappers on floor, elevators a little soiled. Not typical for a downtown Mariott in my experience. Nice exercise room. Service also below average, after a late arrival asked for a one hour late checkout the next day but was told "we're not offering late checkout today". Please. One hour? That's just plain poor service. Plenty of better choices in downtown Baltimore, will stay elsewhere next trip. For sure.

Room Tip: Elevators are VERY old with loud beeping that will wake you up in the AM. Chose a room AWAY from th...
1 Thank CD_Baltimore
Erik M, Front Office Manager at Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thank you for providing us with details regarding your recent stay. Due to the most recent severe weather patterns in the Baltimore area our Housekeeping team is working around the clock to ensure our high traffic lobby and public areas are in immaculate condition. We appreciate your feedback and will address your concerns with our Leadership teams. Should you wish to discuss your concerns in further detail please call the hotel directly and ask to speak with the Manager on Duty.