“Go for the Views”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Honey Brook, Pennsylvania
“Go for the Views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

This ginormous Marriott property offers everything you'd expect. It was exceptional for our large event and highly recommend it for conferences, galas and the like. It is comfortable, convenient and close to everything. Best part - the exceptional views from the Concierge floors and lounge.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Making reservations under a group block was very time consuming and ambiguous. Needed to call back 3 times to have everything ironed out. Then, problems with weather had us arriving a day early. We were not given a AAA rate because "We are sold out." That's what I was told at check in. I had made reservations... I was one of the reasons they were 'sold out.' I was told to show my card upon check in when I called, then I was denied AAA standing. I was so tired I just wanted to get to my room and said that I would make some phone calls in the morning to try to straighten everything out. Well, about 1/2 hour after I was in my room, the phone rang and the rate was honored and apologies were made. THAT is customer service.

Housekeeping was very prompt and efficient. The work out room was very clean and airy with no musty odor. It was very well equipped and that was a big plus. There is a laundry service available and we took advantage of that. Very thankful. The set up is awesome because the workout room is adjacent to the pool. It kept us all together doing our own thing. Very nice.

As far as Joel and the other staff at the pool, outstanding. There were upwards of 27 choir students in the pool at any given time, one of whom was my son. I was watching ALL of the kids and so was Joel. VERY attentive. Very polite to some of the girls who were getting a little rambunctious who needed to be corrected for their safety and the safety of others around them. He was respectful, firm and fair. He should be commended... and I know, 'that's what they are paid for....' but he was busy constantly and had such a nice attitude. He was cleaning, straightening, watching the swimmers, attentive to a boy with a bloody nose, personable, testing the water, tending to the towels. All with a smile and represented the hotel with the utmost respect. What a pleasure!

Little things were.... staying in the hotel for a convention there should have been a map of the elevator levels. Up and down and over and here and there... They are marked on the outside, but a little extra help would have been appreciated. The WiFi costs were insulting, period. The toilet paper, I've had better quality in an airport lavatory. The towels smelled like chemicals and were dingy, thin and rough. The bedding was very comfortable. The thermostat in the room worked perfectly and it was very comfortable throughout the stay.

Pushing the buffet for breakfast, limiting the order to the buffet for breakfast for $16.95 was HORRIBLE. I had a spoonful of cold, rubbery eggs and a spoonful of stale tasting hash brownish homefries/frozen crap, coffee and OJ. I left hungry and with the feeling I had been had big time. Walk over to Whole Foods and sit there to eat.... worth it minus the aggravation. The 700 restaurant has the best views on the 31st floor, but that is only temporary and it is being reconstructed on the first floor. Well, that's not our problem and the first night eating there it was very nice, classy with great service. The next night we heard so many complaints about how the kitchen was down stairs on the first floor and how hard it was on all of them.... what a vast difference.

We understand that with so many floors the elevator doors need to open and shut quickly, however, just a couple more seconds would be beneficial. I leaned over to push the 'door open' button when friends were right behind me and a gentleman had the same idea and clocked me right in the eye. I felt worse for him... he felt so bad and he was just trying to help. MANY other people commented on how quickly the doors close.

We were honored a late check out which was very much appreciated.

Room Tip: Talk to the receptionist/reservationist about the room that best suites you.
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Hotel is a little unkempt - candy wrappers on floor, elevators a little soiled. Not typical for a downtown Mariott in my experience. Nice exercise room. Service also below average, after a late arrival asked for a one hour late checkout the next day but was told "we're not offering late checkout today". Please. One hour? That's just plain poor service. Plenty of better choices in downtown Baltimore, will stay elsewhere next trip. For sure.

Room Tip: Elevators are VERY old with loud beeping that will wake you up in the AM. Chose a room AWAY from th...
1 Thank CD_Baltimore
Erik M, Front Office Manager at Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Thank you for providing us with details regarding your recent stay. Due to the most recent severe weather patterns in the Baltimore area our Housekeeping team is working around the clock to ensure our high traffic lobby and public areas are in immaculate condition. We appreciate your feedback and will address your concerns with our Leadership teams. Should you wish to discuss your concerns in further detail please call the hotel directly and ask to speak with the Manager on Duty.
Shelby, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I attended a professional conference here and was very impressed by their numerous and beautiful facilities. There is a giant group of windows facing the water in the lobbies of both the third and fourth floors. The efficient staff provided all the technical and physical assistance needed for the convention to run smoothly.They very efficiently provided breakfasts for all the conference attendees. I stayed in the very adequate but much cheaper Hi-Baltimore hostel and rode the free circulator city bus to the hotel.

Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Outstanding service during a National Convention. Rooms were extra large, overlooking the harbor, weather was snowy but the view was breathtaking from the room. Everyone here was impressed with the overall experience. l would return for a personal visit; location is stellar.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Harbor usually have panoramic views
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Here's the 1,2,3s...
1. Due to a pending storm and my need to get out of town, I checked out around 11pm, but THEY DID NOT CHARGE ME FOR THE NIGHT. I only paid for the previous night. Now that's service! Thank you, Baltimore Marriott Waterfromt!

2. I've stayed here before and I really like this location. Plenty of places to walk to for lunch & dinner and Fells Point is very close.

3. Although clean and efficient, the room I had was showing it age...old square white tile in the shower with noticeable cracks in the caulking where they meet the tub. Worn granite in the bathroom around the sink fixtures. Warn edges and corners of the furniture. Again, the room was clean and efficient.

Room Tip: I don't think this hotel has started a room refurbish yet, but maybe ask if they have started an...
Lewiston, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of a large conference being held on the premises. I found the staff to be very helpful and courteous. The hotel is going through a major renovation, so there were some inconveniences, especially with the main dining room on the 31st floor. The wait staff made the best of what must be a very difficult situation for them. My room was adequate and I assumed that it was on the list to be refreshed, as the furnishings and bathroom were a bit tired. I must say that despite these issues, it was very clean. Because of the large number of guests, the elevators were slow. Also, if you are on a lower floor, you have to go to the lobby and switch over to a different bank of elevators to get to the main dining room. I needed extra help from the bellman and received outstanding service. The hotel is located within walking distance to the harbor venues and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view room.