2,036 results
All reviewsgreat locationfells pointthe concierge loungewithin walking distancewater taxiharbor view roombeautiful hotelroom servicehigh floorself parkindoor poolbusiness conferencewater viewcorner roomwhole foodsper daynational aquarium
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I am a little suspicious of consistently excellent reviews but I would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat. The experience of staying here was wonderful from checking in to regrettably checking out. The size and quality of the rooms was exceptional and the view over the harbour from the 27th floor was so good it was hard to leave the room to explore the city or go to the shops. The beds were comfortable and the view at night from the room was simply stunning.
I found the staff to be friendly and helpful and was pleased to be offered an umbrella to take out with me when the heavens opened - a touch that showed dedication to guest comfort.
Baltimore itself was a pleasant city but it is the hotel I would return for!

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the harbour.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ruth123
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I attended a conference here at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront in early August and for the most part it was a very pleasant experience. The thing I loved most about this hotel was its location, just a five to ten minute walk from all kinds of great dining, shopping, and entertainment options in the Inner Harbor, Little Italy, and Fells Point, and with the Inner Harbor water taxi virtually at the hotel's front door. Another great feature that you don't often find at convention hotels was the empty fridge in the room, which was easy to make use of with a Whole Foods just a couple of blocks away. Elevators can sometimes be a problem at large hotels, but wait times were short for the most part. And for the most part, staff members were friendly and accommodating--though it wasn't great that a few members of my party with longstanding reservations were walked to a hotel two piers away when a dignitary reserved a full floor of the hotel.

There were a few shortcomings--rooms are generally pretty basic in design, nothing special, and wi-fi service was slow at peak usage hours. If you have a room with a harbor view in summer, be prepared for noisy concerts at the pavilion on the pier below, though these seem to end by 11 pm. And I did have to ask for another room after first being assigned to the fifth floor, because the chlorine smell from the pool there was really overpowering. All things considered, this was a good choice for a convention or a vacation for people who plan to walk around and explore the city on foot, and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid the fifth floor if you are sensitive to chemical smells, and avoid harbor view rooms in summer if you like peace and quiet.
1  Thank develbow
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We chose the BMW since my husband has so many points from traveling for work.....we have previously stayed at the Four Seasons, Intercontinental, etc, so I can say that this is a great location, very nice staff and ammenities. We chose this location based on the above and its proximity to the aquarium, restaurants, etc. We called ahead of time and spoke to the concierge (Annie) for dinner recommendations for Saturday evening...we shared that it was my older son's birthday and she (I believe) made sure we had a fantastic 30th floor room with views of the Inner Harbor (fantastic) and a lovely gourmet cupcakes/fruit/cheese platter was delivered to our room that evening..with a bottle of wine, which was clearly not for the kiddos!

There was a nice self serve restaurant that we used for breakfast on Sunday morning prior to departing for our gallery tour at the aquarium...lots of options. My only recommendation would be to accomodate parents that prefer not giving their kids non-organic/non-GMO food offerings, but it worked nonetheless.

There was a pool that the kids used in between activities and dinner...the weird thing is that a wedding procession was occuring at the same time and the guests had to walk though the pool area to the wedding ceremony outside. Not ideal for them.

Overall, nice stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cynthia T
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott Waterfront for a conference from Aug 6- Aug 10, 2013.  The hotel is in a very good location and seem relatively new from the outside. However, when you get into the rooms, the wear and tears started to show. The bathroom door in our room won't close properly. Paint was scratched off from contact with the frame. The bathroom fixtures weren't of the highest quality if not the cheapest.  When our neighbour take a shower, the wall of our bathroom actually shook (like an earthquake) for 20 min.  The lobby and ball rooms are nice and large but too cold with air condition - I think it's time for hotels to adjust temperatures to its guests not its fully suited staff! I was able to visit the executive lounge on the 31st floor, it's quite nice with hot breakfast in the morning with a sweeping view of the downtown inner harbour.  Wifi is a bit tricky, it's free but you have to pretend to accept the $12 per day charge and log in every day.  The connection speed is also very slow.   I kept breaking up while face-timing  with my family.  We stayed at the Marriott in China as well, while the amenities are at another level (for half of the price!), wifi still had glitches too. As a well-known chain, Marriott really need to figure this out as wifi is important for the quality of the stay anywhere in the world now a days.

The hotel is located in a newly developed area in the inner harbour (called harbour east) with a Whole Foods couple blocks away (which is really convenient). There are also plenty of restaurants and a pharmacy nearly. Anthropologie and J Crew stores are just across the hotel.  There's also a water taxi station just outside the door as well.  A few minutes walk you can get to the hustle and bustle of harbour place and aquarium attractions.  Big plus for location if you are here for conference and only have limited time to see the city

Overall though, comparing to our experience with Marriott in Asia, this is an lack-lustre and disappointing experience given the price you would pay.

Room Tip: ask for rooms higher up you may get lucky and get to be put into a concierge floor that has free breakfast and lunge services
1  Thank qqsong
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I spent three nights at the property for a business conference in early August. I had never been to Baltimore before and had some trepidation about the location. But the experience was excellent.

My room on the 29th floor had an arresting view of the city by day and night, reminding me of overlooking NYC. The windows at the nearby elevator bank had a diverting view of the harbor. The room was quite big and comfortable, and most importantly it was clean. The room did not have a separate shower and tub, but the point is minor.

The service was excellent at all levels of the organization - attentive, polite, prompt, forward-thinking. The front desk was responsive when I need to adjust my check-out time or when I needed security to unlock my door when I left my key-card inside, the bell desk arranged for a car that was clean and reliable, the valets knew where to direct me for meals and other experiences.

Honestly, the service as good as you'd get at the Four Seasons next door. I wouldn't hesitate to go back again.

1  Thank Nathaniel T