Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
Lord Baltimore Hotel(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$159
$155
$134
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor(Baltimore)(Great Value!)
$108
$102
$169
Orbitz.com
1,977 results
All reviewsgreat locationfells pointthe concierge loungewithin walking distancewater taxiharbor view roombeautiful hotelhigh floorcorner roombusiness conferenceself parkindoor poolwhole foodsper daynational aquariumbeds were comfortablefour seasons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2008

I stayed at the Marriott from June 16-20 for a conference, and I must say this is one of the nicest, most efficiently run hotels I've stayed in (and I've stayed in Ritz Carltons, 4 Seasons, etc). The staff is extremely attentive and friendly. The hotels appears to have just been remodeled and the rooms are nicely appointed. Even with multiple conferences in the hotel, there's ample staff at the front desk and via phone to handle large volumes of guests and I never had to wait long for an elevator. The food from catering was phoenomenal for mass-produced food. Housekeeping has little touches daily throughout the room. It's a great location - the water taxi is just out front and it's within walking distance of all points in the Inner Harbor and Fells Point. My only negative feedback is the noise that many have mentioned in previous reviews. I can hear my neighbor talking in a regular voice as if she's in my room. And if anyone goes in or out of their room in the hallway, I definitely know. Overall, nice job on the property.

Reviewed June 19, 2008

We stayed at the Waterfront Marriot as part of a conference, and we got the all important conference rate. We also got a harbor view, which is highly recommended. I recommend you park your car and use your feet or the water taxi to get around. There is a water taxi landing 50 feet from the hotel's entrance, and all of the inner harbor and Little Italy are just half a mile away (though in different directions). Harbor East (where the hotel is located) has also been growing fast. It seemed very happening.

One criticism: the concerge didn't know anything about the surrounding area -- particularly Little Italy. So, come armed with your own information.

Reviewed June 18, 2008

I just returned from a four-day stay in Baltimore. An annual conference I attend is held in another hotel that does not get good reviews from attendees, so I always stay somewhere else. This was my first visit to this Marriott and I have to say I had one of the best rooms in the chain, anfd I've stayed in many Marriotts. It was a ninth floor corner room, with two walls of windows offering incredible views of the Inner Harbor and city. Walking into the room there is a foyer with a table on which the coffeemaker sat (Paul Newman single-serving "pods"). There was a rather narrow closet, but it was fine since I was by myself. The bathroom was standard Marriott and clean.

The bedroom was huge with a king bed, day bed, workstation, dresser and a 37-inch flat screen TV -- and the sleep timer on this one actually works! The bed was ultra comfortable, loaded with pillows and immaculately clean.

The fitness center is well-equipped, with towels and water at each piece of cardio equipment. There is a small indoor pool and you can go outside to the nice sundeck. The fitness center is accessible 24-hours a day. The pool closes at 11 p.m.

A couple of issues keep me from giving a fifth star. While the staff were warm and friendly and check-in and check-out were a breeze, I had to call twice, both times with ten rings, before someone finally answered the phone so I could request a wake-up call. When I returned late each evening, every light in the room was on, which I thought was a waste of energy. Since there was no turn down service, I guess the lights are left on from the time the room is cleaned. Yet, the hotel touts its green credentials. I like a cool room at night, but I don't think the thermostat worked properly because even turned to the high-70s, the blower was shooting out very cold air. I object again to the $9.95 a day Marriott charges for in-room Internet access, which they sweetened in recent years by throwing in "no extra charge" local and long distance phone calls, which I don't need since I have my cell phone.

This hotel is in a great location, which others have already mentioned. Still, at night, about a block from the hotel, I was approached by someone asking for money. Sad to say, Baltimore has its issues.

I recommend an Orioles game at Camden Yards. What a great field! You really feel close to the action. There are plenty of tickets, since it's a .500 team. There is also a "no scalping" area where you can try to bargain with guys who are trying to sell you tickets. Police are nearby watching everything and it's legit, I'm told you can sometimes get really good bargains, especially if the game has already started,

All in all, if I'm back at the conference in Baltimore again next year, I will definitely stay here. This is a AAA Four Diamond property and it shows.

Reviewed June 17, 2008

I am staying here while at a conference. The conference facilities are fantastic, but the rooms are not at all what I expected. The walls are quite thin so I can hear every conversation in the hallway, every neighbor's entrance or exit from their room, etc. Luckily I have two beds in my room, since I found the sheets either dirty or stained in the first one. After a close inspection the second bed seemed clean, so I crawled into there.

All in all, it is a very pretty hotel in an amazing location. Still, for this amount of money there are so many better places I'd rather stay. This is the first time I've ever checked out early of a hotel to switch mid-way through a trip.

Reviewed June 13, 2008

I was in Baltimore during a conference and this property was one of the selected hotels. First of all, the location is perfect. It is a very easy walk to Little Italy, Fells Point, Inner Harbor locations and lots of restaurants. The beds were comfy but the sheets are worn and have holes in them. There is a large flat screen TV which was not hooked up properly and I had to fool around with the cables to get a good picture. The mini bar was not plugged in, so it was hot. Probably would not have used it anyway. One day, I ordered coffee to be brought to my room at 6am, but it never came. Finally at 6:30 I cancelled my order and walked over to Starbucks, which is right around the corner. When I cancelled they never apologized...just said...Okay, it's cancelled.

The worst part for me were the door slammers. Starting at about 3am, doors start to slam. I looked out one morning to see what it was and an employee was shoving bills under the doors. I guess they take the stairs and then let the doors slam. Then at 5am, they slam again....I looked out and they were delivering the newspapers outside everyone's rooms. Then between 5 and 7, doors slam continually. There is a lot of construction going on and you can hear drilling and workers. I had classes to be at by 8am, so it only bothered me a little, but on several occasions I heard complaints from other guests about not being able to sleep in due to the noise. I was on the 21st floor, so the high floor did not help. I think that the doors must be set to close automatically and if one does not take care to hold the door while closing, it slams with such force that the entire floor shakes. Impossible to sleep.

I would probably not stay here again. There are a lot of choices in the area. In fact, I would have probably stayed at Henderson's Wharf had I know how easy of a walk it would have been for me. Plus with the Water Taxi...it would have been a breeze.

Go to Baltimore....just stay somewhere else.