2,036 results
All reviewsgreat locationfells pointthe concierge loungewithin walking distancewater taxiharbor view roombeautiful hotelhigh floorroom serviceself parkindoor poolbusiness conferencewater viewcorner roomwhole foodsper daynational aquarium
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott Waterfront for a conference from Aug 6- Aug 10, 2013.  The hotel is in a very good location and seem relatively new from the outside. However, when you get into the rooms, the wear and tears started to show. The bathroom door in our room won't close properly. Paint was scratched off from contact with the frame. The bathroom fixtures weren't of the highest quality if not the cheapest.  When our neighbour take a shower, the wall of our bathroom actually shook (like an earthquake) for 20 min.  The lobby and ball rooms are nice and large but too cold with air condition - I think it's time for hotels to adjust temperatures to its guests not its fully suited staff! I was able to visit the executive lounge on the 31st floor, it's quite nice with hot breakfast in the morning with a sweeping view of the downtown inner harbour.  Wifi is a bit tricky, it's free but you have to pretend to accept the $12 per day charge and log in every day.  The connection speed is also very slow.   I kept breaking up while face-timing  with my family.  We stayed at the Marriott in China as well, while the amenities are at another level (for half of the price!), wifi still had glitches too. As a well-known chain, Marriott really need to figure this out as wifi is important for the quality of the stay anywhere in the world now a days.

The hotel is located in a newly developed area in the inner harbour (called harbour east) with a Whole Foods couple blocks away (which is really convenient). There are also plenty of restaurants and a pharmacy nearly. Anthropologie and J Crew stores are just across the hotel.  There's also a water taxi station just outside the door as well.  A few minutes walk you can get to the hustle and bustle of harbour place and aquarium attractions.  Big plus for location if you are here for conference and only have limited time to see the city

Overall though, comparing to our experience with Marriott in Asia, this is an lack-lustre and disappointing experience given the price you would pay.

Room Tip: ask for rooms higher up you may get lucky and get to be put into a concierge floor that has free breakfast and lunge services
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank qqsong
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I spent three nights at the property for a business conference in early August. I had never been to Baltimore before and had some trepidation about the location. But the experience was excellent.

My room on the 29th floor had an arresting view of the city by day and night, reminding me of overlooking NYC. The windows at the nearby elevator bank had a diverting view of the harbor. The room was quite big and comfortable, and most importantly it was clean. The room did not have a separate shower and tub, but the point is minor.

The service was excellent at all levels of the organization - attentive, polite, prompt, forward-thinking. The front desk was responsive when I need to adjust my check-out time or when I needed security to unlock my door when I left my key-card inside, the bell desk arranged for a car that was clean and reliable, the valets knew where to direct me for meals and other experiences.

Honestly, the service as good as you'd get at the Four Seasons next door. I wouldn't hesitate to go back again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nathaniel T
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I attended a 4-day conference at this Marriott and was very pleased. The room had a great view and was modern and clean. The conference facilities were also very good (free wifi available throughout the conference facilities) and the catering was also excellent. We did not eat at the hotel restaurants, simply because there are so many great restaurants located in the nearby areas of Inner Harbor, Fells Point and Little Italy. The hotel is just steps away from a bus stop for several lines of the free local bus service. There are also walking paths beside the hotel that go throughout the Inner Harbor. The staff was very helpful, both in terms of helpful concierge advice and special requests (e.g. less than 24 hour turn-around on laundry service). In fact, the only (minor) complaint was the there was only one serving of regular coffee in the room - a deficit that was corrected by a simple note to housekeeping on the coffee pot. Overall, a great stay

Room Tip: There were concerts in an open tent across a small canal from the hotel every night. While we could not hear them on the 16th floor, they may pose a noise problem for lower floors on the Harbor side. If you are a light sleeper and go to bed early (concerts were over by 11:00), you may want to get a room on a higher floor or the other side of the hotel (although you will miss the great view).
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank longtimetravelpro
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed here for three nights for a work-related conference. I had a room with an Inner Harbor view. My room was up on the 23rd floor and the view from up there was very nice. You could watch the sunset from the room. The room itself was just average, no surprises. Every staff member I encountered during the stay was courteous and professional. The hotel is conveniently located to many restaurants and shops within walking distance. Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandi S
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Great location! Perfect for business travel or leisure. Hotel is easy to navigate, and the concierge level top rooms have a separate elevator. One of the nicest Marriotts I have visited, with first class service and modern decor. Business amenities are top notch.

• Stayed: July 2013