“Awful”

Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
Ranked #18 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I am a marriott platinum elite member. To start the trip I was rejected from the elite members cocktail because the waitress didnt believe I was a elite member. Never in all my marriott stays have I been treated so rudely.
I was here for a work function - they supplied us with alcohol and no food. The hotel declared there is no room service. Further they don't let restaurants deliver . The bottom line is I am starved and this hotel is turning away food delivered to my room. There are zero options except for me to call a taxi , go get food and bring back. I have never been denied eating in my life until this hotel. I do not recommend this place .

• Stayed: May 2013
7  Thank Brittz120
Write a ReviewReviews (1,927)

Reviewed May 11, 2013

What a wonderful experience--if only all hotel stays were like this! My boyfriend and I stayed at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront on New Year's Eve, and the hotel pulled out all the stops. We were greeted with a champagne welcome and sped through check-in. The bell hops and front desk staff were extremely friendly, helpful, and professional. The hotel lobby and various sitting rooms were festive and lovely.

Our room was spacious, impeccably clean, comfortable, and modern, with a gorgeous city/harbor view. As Marriott Rewards Elite members, we received a bottle of free champagne and New Year's Eve favors. We were invited to a members' party to ring in the new year, but we had other plans for the evening.

The hotel is in an excellent location in Baltimore--very upscale.

Although we stayed only one night, it was an excellent experience. I highly recommend this hotel! We will be sure to return!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Recently refurbished the hotel is defiantly on the higher end of Marriott The rooms are spacious. Ask for waterfront view the alternative is overlooking a boring parking lot that was my luck. Not advisable. Service in the conference Car valet service was efficient but nearby self parking is equally easy.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ExceptionalizeIt
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Hotel has one of the best locations for doing things at the inner harbor. Everything is close by. Their resturant is great for breakfast. Would suggest their pancakes. Have a nice vanilla flavor. We were staying here to be close to the Carnival Pride. The bellhop got us a private car to the port for 25 dollars. The service was awesome!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Overall a nice hotel on the slower side of the inner harbor. Parking is in building next door and very expensive. You can park a few streets over for $15 daily.
Pool was really small and very cloudy, didn't seem that clean.
Check in was strange, such a large hotel and nobody was at front desk. We never saw less than three p, maybe we ace at an off time. Somebody finally checked us in, had a strange conversation on our rate. Showed my company I'd and then was told how I won't be getting that again because of fraud. I explained that it was valid, they said yes it was for me and with my status (marriott rewards), they would never question my rate. All odd, because I had my id, drivers lic, and cc at check in. While stating they never would question, they did. Never rude, just an odd check in.
Room is standard Marriott, nice layout and clean. The reason I stay.
Breakfast was good. I was disappointed that the OJ was from a cartoon, poured in front of us, into the carafe, then served to us, and not fresh squeezed. I generally expect fresh squeezed, certainly not grocery store quality.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VirginiaFreeze
Reviewed May 7, 2013

You can't beat the location and waterfront views if you are traveling to Inner Harbor. However, it was the friendly staff and exceptional service that impressed me the most. Everyone I encountered genuinely wanted to make sure you had everything you needed and nothing was a problem. I was attending a conference but will definitely be bringing the family back!

PS - As a conference hotel everything was very accessible.

Room Tip: Ask for waterfront view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The room was average, it's location was great, closed to aquarium and restaurants. You can walk to inner harbor. The conference rooms were nice. We ate at the hotel many times, the food was okay. Check in and check out were quick and easy. But if you are traveling with a car, parking at the hotel was 26$ a night.

• Stayed: August 2012