“Enjoyble trip” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Saskatchewan
“Enjoyble trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Very nice hotel. Very good customer service. The only think I would say is that you have to pay for WiFi which is expensive. The only WiFi is on the ground floor. Would stay at again. It was centrally located and could walk to most everything. Staff were very helpful and food in the restaurant was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Arabic first
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Hotel is located on the northeast side of the Baltimore Inner Harbor in a great area/community. Plenty of nice restaurants nearby to choose from and everything at the Inner Harbor is in walking distance. The stay was for a place to be during the Thanksgiving Holiday and was during the weekdays. This seemingly is a excellent place for business travelers as well. The concierge lounge is located on the 31st floor and has awesome views of the Harbor. The room that we stayed in was upgraded to a deluxe king and also had similar views overlooking the Harbor and also we had a partial view of the indoor pool. The indoor pool was also very nice and relatively luxurious when considering the lounge chairs. The recreation facility was nice as well but I'm uncertain if they have a spa as I did not inquire nor have time for that.

Maintenance was perfect and on-point. They did their job regularly and did it well from full service to turn-down service. I neglected to mention that the concierge lounge had a very good selection in the mornings for breakfast which I took full advantage of. The hotel beds were definitely the nicer ones among Marriott hotels so I had great nights sleep each night. Dinner at the Grille was also a great experience so two thumbs up in this area as well.

I encountered one problem while there which at this point is insignificant. I addressed the problem with the Hotel Manager over email who promptly replied and immediately fixed the problem. So for this and other experiences there they will get a excellent from me in customer service.

As always, I do not rate standard full service Marriott's with five-star ratings unless they are one of their resort properties. I will say that this hotel, had it been a resort property would have received a five-star rating from me.

Great hotel and I would recommend that anyone considering this area stay at this hotel.

Check-in at hotel was excellent, no complaints no qualms.

Room Tip: If possible ask for a Harbor-view room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past. I've also stayed at the Four Seasons right next door. I think if you are able to get a good rate, the Marriott can be a great value. I was able to get a AAA rate, and I would say it was well worth it.

Is the Four Seasons a lot better? Absolutely, but I don't think the price is worth it.

I'm a Silver (almost Gold) Marriott Rewards member, so I stay at Marriotts somewhat frequently.

I was with my family and we had the breakfast buffet. I would say it was pretty good value for the price. There was a lot of food, it was high quality, and great variety.

The Kozmos Lounge was pretty good too. Drinks and appetizers are pretty reasonably priced for a hotel, and the service was pretty good.

The rooms are pretty good. The bathrooms could be nicer. I thought the beds were comfortable. I was surprised that there was no minibar--there was a refrigerator in my room that did have the prices for what would be in the minibar, but it was empty. I can't remember from my stays in the past, but I assume there were minibars in the room at some point. Not sure why the decided to do away with this.

The hotel wasn't crowded when I was there, so I wasn't able to hear noise from the hallways, but the doors didn't seem like they would block out that much sound. (I read other reviews on here where people complained that it was noisy in the hallway; I had no problems with noise, but I can see how this could be a problem).

I do think the price for valet parking is overpriced: $40 per night.

Overall, a very good hotel. I've stayed here in the past, and will stay here in the future if the rate is good. In fact, I will be returning next month.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AndrewBVA
Exeter, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have stayed at this property several times for business over the course of the last year. This Marriott is a bit more high end than others in Baltimore. The rooms are spacious and many have terrific views of the harbor and the downtown area.
The Concierge Lounge is better than most with a nice selection for breakfast in the morning and for the evening cocktail hour.
Starbucks in the lobby is always a welcome sight!
It's a short walk to the main part of the Inner Harbor from this hotel and there is a water taxi stop just outside.
A plus is that they offer limos for the airport at the same rate as cabs which is a good deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the harbor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel won't knock your socks off, but you will remember it as a pleasant, upscale experience. I wish the prices were more reasonable, but at least we definitely knew we were in a luxury environment. The staff is warm and conversational, from the front desk to the maintenance staff -- several were taking hospitality courses, and it showed in their eagerness to be of help. We enjoyed a dinner at The Grille that was distinguished for its freshness, imagination, and excellent preparation.

At first I felt cheated that we had not been accorded an Inner Harbor-view room, but I later realized that there aren't any bad views here. Our room opened to a marvelous city-scape, which might be boring in some cities, but in Baltimore it can be breathtaking.

Room Tip: Odd numbers are Inner Harbor view, even numbers offer a beautiful city-scape. Insist on a higher fl...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Janice S
Penn Laird, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Location is great for business meeting and person time. Hotel did a great job taking care of the details that made our meeting happen without a hassle. Hotel is located on waterfront in the inner harbor complex and that made it easy to have fun taking in some shops and restaurants on personal time.

Room Tip: Ask for waterfront room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We booked the Marriott for our 400 person wedding and experienced first class service from the moment we signed the contract until weeks after the wedding ended. Samantha Gardner was our Marriott coordinator that provided the service from beginning to end. She has followed up with us to make sure everything was in order. Also, the property is amazing and all of our guests enjoyed the hotel and the stay there. The service every staff member provided was great. The hotel is very clean, well kept, and conveniently located. My wife and I highly recommend this hotel for staying in the downtown area or having any sort of event. We used the main chef and pastry chef and they were both great. They worked hard to help us design our lunch menu and cake. I have stayed here twice before the wedding and every room I have stayed in has been great. This hotel should be the benchmark for all hotels in service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family