“Overpriced for what you get.”

Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
Ranked #19 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I got a group rate at a recent event but I was still disappointed in my stay. The 27th floor offered a great view of the harbor, but there was a concert down there that kept me awake until midnight. I could hear every note they played. The guests in the room next door were having a party at 3 am, though after I called front desk they sent someone up and it was quiet after. Even after paying the room fees, the parking was still an extra fee, though probably not overpriced for the area. There was no breakfast included, that was extra. Even wifi in the room was an extra $12 a night. That said, the room itself was clean and comfortable, what you would expect from Marriott. I usually like Marriott's but I was left feeling a little disappointed in this stay.

Room Tip: Little Havana across the harbor is a great place to grab good seafood on the harbor and is very reas...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 14, 2012

At this hotel for Conference. Desk staff were friendly and efficient. Room, as always at Marriott were clean and well appointed. Your expectations are high at Marriott, and this one does not let you down. Banquet food was a little disappointing.

Room Tip: Upper floors have a great view of the harbor.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I threw my daughter an overnight sweet sixteen party here. We got two rooms, side by side. I booked the rooms on priceline, for $120 p/night per room!! So that alone made me excited to get such a great surprise for this four star treat. I called in advance and requested side by side rooms, one with king and the other with two doubles. When we arrived the guest receptionist was extremely friendly, I told her this was a sweet sixteen celebration and she gave us rooms on the 28th floor! The view was AMAZING!!! The rooms were great sizes for myself, my toddler and husband, and the other for 4 teenage girls. There are tons of shops close by, as well as being so close to the Inner Harbor allowed for easy convenience of my teenager and friends to have some fun time alone downtown. The staff was very accommodating in bringing up some matches to light my daughter's cake. They saw that I also had a toddler and provided us with crayons, coloring books, and posters for her entertainment. I thought that was a nice touch. I have been to this hotel in the past for their Mother's Day brunch, and this is scrumptious too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, it is a great stay for downtown needs.

Room Tip: Higher Floors have amazing views of the Inner Harbor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Best view in town, Wow, watching sunset from my 17 floor room with clear skies was amazing.
Great location, close to everything, big selection of resturant around you all in walking distance.
Parking is very expensive, so shuttle from airport works better.

Room Tip: Depends on what you like, I like high floors and I did ask for a water view room, more expensive, bu...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed here for a week, great welcoming staff. great food. Nice areas in walking distance. nice hotel and rooms are well equipped. hotel has valet parking that is a little costly, you can self park 100+ for 5 days. make sure you try the pulled pork quesadillas and the cheese carrot cake.

Room Tip: Higher floors, facing the riverfront. bring your camera
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed here over Labor Day weekend with my daughter and had requested a harbor view room on the upper floors. As soon as we came in and opened the curtains to see the view I was so glad I booked the Marriott. The room was clean and room service was good. Yes it isn't great that you have to pay to park but we went with the cheaper rate which was parking the car ourselves and not valet. The beds were really comfortable which was a good thing since we got rained out our last night there. Oh, don't bring your tablet or laptop unless your want to pay for wi-fi. Overall a really nice location and hotel.

Room Tip: Request a harbor view room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed here during a 2 day "hotel conference".......spacious large clean guest rooms - view of the Inner Harbor was just beautiful, service in this hotel is what you should REALLY expect, lunch in the restaurant was better then I expected (recommend the chicken salad wrap!). The banquet/meeting room facilities were top notch!! Hats off to all the employees that made our stay memorable!!! I would def. recommend this hotel to a large convention that is coming to Baltimore!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Inner Harbor!!!
1  Thank Cherie K