2,036 results
All reviewsgreat locationfells pointthe concierge loungewithin walking distancewater taxiharbor view roombeautiful hotelhigh floorroom serviceself parkindoor poolbusiness conferencewater viewcorner roomwhole foodsper daynational aquarium
Reviewed February 7, 2012

The hotel is in a great spot on the east side of the Inner Harbor. An easy walk to the Aquarium makes it a good base if you're in town for that particular attraction.

We booked a "Deluxe oversized" guest room with king bed. It's unclear on the website what that means, so here is what it is: a corner room. You get a little extra space, but much if it is unusable in the form of a very long entryway from the door to the bedroom area. I wouldn't get this room for the "extra" space, but the harbor views were certainly spectacular (though you can get a similar view from other harbor view rooms, it just won't be a corner room).

The only real downside to this hotel is the 700 Grille, the main restaurant in the lobby. The food is not great and is very overpriced. There are many much better choices just steps away in the Inner Harbor or the adjacent Little Italy neighborhood.

Staff is better than expected for a mega chain like Marriott. We arrived early in the day and called to see if we could check in early. The phone guy was unhelpful, but we checked again at the front desk just to be sure and got a room immediately from the very helpful and friendly clerk Grace. She even made sure the crib we requested was delivered immediately. Awesome service.

Room Tip: "Deluxe oversized" rooms are corner rooms with pretty nice views.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DCA
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I want to commend the hotel on the wonderful staff we encountered during our stay at the Marriott Waterfront. From Julia at the front desk, to the assorted valets working out front, everyone was friendly and attentive. When I requested rooms with a harbor view, I was informed of the upgrade fee. I declined the upgrade but Julia was able to provide us with rooms with a semi- marina and waterfront view. Just as nice. We stayed on the 15th floor and there was no vending machine available for me to get a bottle of water. It was 11pm and the deli had just closed so I went to the front desk to request a floor number where I could find a vending machine. The desk clerk-I am sorry I didn't get her name- asked me for my room number and had water delivered to us. Again, another touch of great customer service and going above and beyond. This stay was arranged through Priceline due to the greatly reduced price offered through them. No where in my experience the weekend did I feel like a "discount" customer.
When planning another trip to the Inner Harbor, I will be sure to include staying at the Waterfront Marriott.
The in-house restaurant provide breakfast options from sit down service menu selections to walk out pastries and coffee in the deli section.
It was just a short walk (approx. 1/2 mile) to the Aquarium and Pier 5 and just beyond to the HarborPlace shops and restaurants. There is a Water Taxi stop just outside the building to make getting around the harbor easier if you or the weather are not up for walking.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I loved the location and the view, but for the price I was disappointed. The room was no more than a standard hotel room, nothing special. The water pipes sounded like a jackhammer going off at 6am. The other issue is that one person has to take your luggage out of the car and into the lobby and another takes it to your room. This is not a resort, this extra handling is unnecessary .

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I tend to believe that most chain hotels are fairly standard and interchangeable. But I found this Marriott much nicer than expected. My room was lovely but what impressed me was the shower. There was WATER PRESSURE. I was in heaven.

Also, the people at the bar, restaurant, take-away restaurant, front desk - heck; everyone was super nice and accommodating.

I was there for a conference and paid the conference rate for the room. I did notice that the regular price for the hotel is out of my normal price range - maybe that's why I think it's so nice; I'm not used to it :) But I would recommend it anyway.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TessM
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Nice clean rooms with very elegant appointments. Wonderful view and on-site dining. Very accommodating and knowledgeable concierge. The rest of the staff is questionable. We asked for a razor (my wife forget hers and we were preparing to go to a wedding) and once a maid brought up a pillow and we had to call the desk three more times to get it. Not our usual place to stay. A bit out of our price range and we got the wedding deal... would have expected a little more for what we paid but we were in the same hotel as the reception, which was convenient.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple