“Try the lobster Mac and Cheese”

Thames Street Oyster House
Ranked #3 of 2,064 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I live in Baltimore and every chance I get I take an afternoon to sit at the bar, enjoy some appetizers, a cocktail and the view. The service is excellent, the food amazing and the cocktails dangerous. The orange crush is freshly made and the Cosmopolitan's are to die for! Just make sure that you have a ride home! The lobster Mac and Cheese is the best I have ever had!

1  Thank Debra P

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Walked right in and were able to sit at the bar. Friendly, bright environment with excellent menu. We heard the lobster roll was a must but we skipped that and went for the lobster and oysters. We enjoyed it so much that we stopped back in the next day for a quick 1/2 dozen and a beer after shopping the area boutiques. We said if we lived in Fells Point we would eat there everyday! :) Its small enough with a neighborhood feel (like cheers) where everyone would know your name. A plus!

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Considering that this restaurant is rated the best seafood restaurant in Baltimore, they hardly need another rave, but I had to confirm just how delightful this establishment is. Friendly and knowledgable staff, historic warm atmosphere, perfectly seasoned and portioned food, and a wonderful value, if you ask me, for high end, modern, fresh seafood. Bravo!!

1  Thank Momonaroadtrip
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Tripadviser fellow followers you let me down big-time big disappointment average food below-average atmosphere not going again

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Perhaps I was expecting too much, based on the 5-star ratings by most reviewers. On the plus side, the staff is extremely helpful and friendly and the service was attentive despite the fact that the joint was packed. I was impressed that I received a call on the morning of my reservation (you must make reservations or the wait will likely be very long!) and also received advice about parking. Luckily, I was staying within walking distance at The Inn at Henderson's Wharf (GREAT hotel... see separate review) so parking wasn't an issue. But be advised that parking is almost impossible here... I'm sure you can find a spot, but it won't be close.
This is a very small restaurant, loud with cramped quarters. ASK FOR A TABLE UPSTAIRS. It's not quite as loud, and you'll be away from the door where people congregate waiting for their tables.
The food... our waitress did a wonderful job of describing the various seafood dishes, but she oversold it. No one at our table seemed overly enthusiastic about their dishes. Yes.. the oysters were good, and there was a wonderful variety, but if oysters aren't your thing, I don't have a recommendation. I had the lobster roll, which was quite a disappointment. I can't remember what everyone else had, since it was so unremarkable.

1  Thank travelingfun101