“Great Find”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was looking for some great East Coat seafood while staying in Baltimore for business. I stopped by Thames Street Oyster Bar based on the trip advisor reviews. This is a great restaurant in a really neat area. I had an excellent meal. The oysters were great, and the monk fish was outstanding. I finished it all off with one of the best bread pudding's I've had. They have a great beer selection as well. I will definitely be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,693)

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I'm a New Englander, my wife Spanish, and both seafood aficionados, so we choose the Thames Street Oyster House to test Chesapeake Bay's legendary seafood. To our surprise (and adding to our delight) we found the restaurant featured the best of shellfish from the Bay and from New England, Canadian Maritime, and Pacific Northwest waters. Expecting a fancy restaurant, we were initially surprised to find what looks like a regular Thames Street waterfront bar, yet soon realized the freshness of the ingredients and warmth and excellent service of the staff gives the Thames Street Oyster House its renown. I have to admit, it's selection of oyster, clams, and varied other shellfish was more extensive than any I've EVER seen in Boston, Manhattan (including Grand Central's Oyster Bar), San Francisco, or Seattle. (For example, I could order oysters from numerous New England oyster beds I personally knew plus one there I've never heard about during my five decades of shellfish eating along that coast!).

The next night, my wife and I decided we wanted a quick meal 'at a bar as convivial as the Thames Street Oyster House one.' We simply decided to return to the original and eat there again. It was that good.

During those two nights, we didn't order any fish or crab cakes, so can't comment about them, but we imagine they'd be just as good as the seafood. This place will be a mainstay whenever we're in Baltimore.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This fairly new restaurant has yet to disappoint. My wife and I have been here probably a dozen time, fortunately it is kid friendly for us, and the service is really great! Wife loves the lobster roll, I like to experiment, especially with the oysters. I should mention the location and atmosphere is also wonderful, and if you love seafood you love this place!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

This quaint little bar/raw-bar/restaurant is located at Fell's Point and serves a nice array of raw seafood items with a vast selection of oysters. The actual restaurant looks a lot like what one might imagine an east coast harbor side raw bar to look like; small, clean and people packed in like a can of...oysters. Anyway, the service was great, we only went for the raw bar and my only advice is to stay way from the crab claws because of the immense amount of work it takes to get to the goods.

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

The oysters at this restaurant or so good after getting appetizer we ordered again for a second round. Scallpia were great too service was friendly. I would go here again anytime