“They do everything right!”

Thames Street Oyster House
Ranked #3 of 2,007 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Fells Point
“They do everything right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Love this place, I don't visit quite as often as I would like but this local spot is one of my favorites. The food is amazing, service is on point and those pink lemonade crushes are the perfect end to
my day. The shrimp salad and lobster roll will make you think you are on the cape. Did I mention the pasta, cheese and much more is made fresh daily! If you haven't made your way here yet, you are missing out.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Samanthajo812

Forest Hill, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING CHEF, AMAZING RESTAURANT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is one of the best dining experiences I've had. The food is outstanding. We started our meal with oysters from the raw bar and shrimp cocktail. We then had a Caesar salad. Two of us at the table ordered the Chesapeake Rockfish with House made rigatoni pasta, summer vegetable ragout and fresh ricotta cheese. The portions are generous. It was too much to eat but it was so delicious, I couldn't stop myself. My son ordered the New England lobster roll. Again, the portion is very generous. He enjoyed every bite. Our friend ordered the Gulf of Maine Hake and loved every bit of it. We also ordered dessert. Strawberry Shortcake and Cherry Cobbler. Chef Eric Houseknecht also paid a visit to our table. I am so impressed with his friendliness and also his skill as a chef. Our waitress, Theresa, was just named best waitress in Baltimore Magazine. I just can't say enough about how wonderful the food is. We can't wait to go back!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is one our favorite new places in Fell's Point!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

They have the best oysters and wonderful mingnonettes to compliment them. Their lobster mac and cheese is rich and creamy. We haven't had a bad meal there. Although they have outdoor seating, it is very limited.

Visited July 2013
Montclair, New Jersey
“Wonderful Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I could see where this might get pricey at dinner, but it was a wonderful lunch spot. The oysters were fresh and plump and in a wide variety. Try the rillette of smoked fish! Everything was great.

Visited August 2013
“Once was enough.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Liked it but not sure I would rave about this restaurant. Don't think we would return either. Had a hard time deciding where to have a family birthday dinner but chose this restaurant because of the great reviews here. All the seafood from the raw bar was very good. Two of us had the crab cake for dinner and thought it was good but have had better elsewhere. There was only ONE average size crab cake on a plate - pretty disappointing. Reminded me of a child's portion and it was a little embarrassing to see 2 very tall men finish it in about 5 mins. Felt like I should give them some of my swordfish dinner. The swordfish dish was innovative and very good. Desserts we ordered were way too sweet and we did not eat them. $300.00 later we had to stop somewhere else to feed our still hungry men. Our server was great !

Visited August 2013