“Great Selection of Oysters”

Thames Street Oyster House
Ranked #3 of 2,094 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Thames St. Oyster House made me fall in love with oysters! They have a great selection and the staff is very helpful when trying to pick them out! I gave this place 3 stars because the oysters were the only good part about my visit. I got the smoked fish (I dont remember what kind- it was a white fish) risotto and the risotto was undercooked and not creamy at all! I was very disappointed- but the oysters rocked!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,659)

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Found this spot on trip advisory as we left town. Was not expecting the outstanding meal and service.

Partner had scallops and I Finnan Haddie. Finnan Haddie was excellent but a bit different than my "Scottish" family cooked. I enjoyed the meal, atmosphere, cleanliness and service.

I will willingly repeat!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

They had the best crab cakes and oysters we've tried in Baltimore.
Great service and ambiance.
This place always seemed packed even on a Monday night. Reservations recommended.
We'll be back the next time we're in town.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We had an incredible meal here on our last night in Baltimore. It was no more pricey than other seafood restaurants we had been to and the food was just incredible. The three of us had lobster macaroni cheese and grilled octopus to start, then Bouillabaisse, scallops and something with haddock, egg and sausage for main course. it was really delicious and the service was great, not pushy, really helpful. Also, we were a bit scruffy from doing something else in the daytime and nobody was snooty about us not being dressed up. Overall, a laid back place with a great atmosphere and incredible food!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We just had a fabulous dinner. Everything was delicious. This is a fun and lively restaurant and a must for wonderful food in Baltimore.