“Busy @ lunch”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband, inlaws, kids & I went on a Saturday for lunch. Parking was easy, the wait time was OK. We ended up sitting by the bathroom which was awkward. (Who wants to be stared at while eating) The raw oysters were good, our poboy sandwiches were so-so. The fries were alright. My father-in law liked his crabcake. All in all it was an ok meal. I would not recommend this restaurant for familes w/ younger kids.

1  Thank ktwiseman
There are newer reviews for Thames Street Oyster House

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

after the Orioles game on a Tuesday night, and I were looking for some fresh seafood. literally only blocks away from our hotel Thames Street Oyster House was open. serving drinks and Rob are was open until 11 we got there at 1030.. we were handed a paper menu of everything that was on the raw bar. Oysters from from around the bay Massachusetts Rhode Island.... Chesapeake you name it. but don't name it too quickly because these are fresh and he changes menu as up to every two hours. giving you literally the freshest oysters he's got. on the menu there is a description of what you're eating and make no mistake we had over two dozen between the past two days and they all the descriptions were on point. you will not be disappointed. I'm so excited to return and not have these delicious raw oysters haunt my dreams for too much longer

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had reservations on a Sunday evening. We were a little late and they sat us upstairs without a problem. I love the intimate, cozy environment that this restaurant has. For appetizers, we shared the calamari and fried oysters. Loved the calamari!!! I could've done without the fried oysters, they were bland. For our entrees, my boyfriend ordered the fish and chips (he's English) and I ordered the bouillabaisse. I LOVED it!! The seafood was very fresh! The waitress brought out the dessert menu, but we were STUFFED! We took a walk around the neighborhood afterwards. The couple we were sitting next too were foodies and inquiring about our meals as we were they. They ordered the grilled octopus and lobster roll and loved every bite as well! I recommend that if you're ever in the area, pay this place a visit.

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting Baltimore for our 2nd anniversary. We read the excellent reviews and decided to give Thames St. a shot. We began with two of the best Bloody Mary's we have ever had. We then had a sampling of local oysters from the raw bar. I would recommend the Chesapeake Gold for any out of towners who are looking to taste MD oysters. I then had the Tau Tog special and my husband had the haddock risotto. Both were amazing. We ended the meal by splitting the cinnamon cake. The atmosphere is casual and it is a little tight. If going on the weekend, make sure you make reservations to avoid waiting. The service is top notch and the price fair for the quality of food. Don't miss this spot if in town.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We really enjoyed our lunch at the Thames. Its a tiny little place but evidently takes reservations (something we didn't know so had to wait). We enjoyed the raw bar and I had the Oyster Stew. The Stew was some of the best I've ever had! The location was fun - right in Fells Point and close to the water.