“Quaint. Quiet and Delicious Dinner”

Thames Street Oyster House
Ranked #3 of 2,089 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 18th anniversary here with a delicious dinner at a table overlooking the harbor. The waitress was very attentive, the food tasty and had an authentically Fells Point atmosphere. Would definitely go back and try more items from the raw bar.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,639)

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Maybe my expectations were too high, but I had crab cakes several places while in the area and they were much better at a much more reasonable price. A couple of beers and the crabcake was almost $50. The food was good and it was a neat place, just seems over rated and over priced to me.

1  Thank Roadhore
Reviewed October 11, 2012

When I first got there I was not sure about the place but my companions wanted seafood. I am glad we stayed. We had a table in the courtyard which was peaceful. Our server was very friendly, knowledgable and attentive. We had lobster Mac and cheese, oysters rocafella, raw clams, raw oysters, shrimp cocktail, scallops and lobster wedge as entre. Everything was excellent. No complaints. Would go back.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Had a table for 2, early on a Sunday afternoon. Great view of the harbor, in a very quaint/cool neighborhood. Hostess was pleasant, and our waitress was attentive, friendly and VERY helpful throughout the meal. Oyster menu is AMAZZZZIIINNNGG, with helpful descriptions.... prices are pretty on-point for an east coast oyster bar, which is not "cheap", but worth the money on those occasions when you're in the mood to splurge a little bit. We ordered a dozen of various types, plus had one of the house shooters, all really good. Pub-type food is excellent (chowder, blackend bluefish BLT & oyster po'boy sandwiches) and the bloody mary's were delish. Cannot say one bad thing about this place, it was a highlight of our trip to baltimore. Highly recommended and can't wait to visit it again!!!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

After reading all of the excellent reviews on trip advisor, we tried out Thames Street Oyster House. The atmosphere was lively and the food was pretty good. We were meeting other people who were flying in, though, so they were going to arrive about an hour after our reservation at 8. Our server was extremely pushy and kept reminding us that the kitchen closed at 10. I was very unimpressed with how she handled the situation, since our guests would have had over an hour to order by the time they got there. Even when we told the server that they would be arriving by 9, it was clear she did not want to have to potentially wait. Due to her attitude, we met them somewhere else. It was quite a let down (food included) after all the rave comments we read.

1  Thank KPBurney