“Absolute perfection”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I had dinner at the bar on my first night in town. The bartenders were very friendly and made great recommendations for other places in the area (though I'm not sure any could top the meal I had here). The oysters were fresh, plump, and so tasty. The lobster roll was warm, buttery, and delicious. The restaurant looks out over the water and has a great view. All in all, a spectacular meal. I would highly recommend this place!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,710)

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Every single thing I had was delicious and hit the spot. What a great raw bar! Shared 2 dozen raw oysters between 3 people and tried out 10+ kinds. You must have the Lobster Wedge salad (AMAZING, but share it with someone). Loved every bite of the lobster gnocchi. Crab cakes are a MUST. Even dessert was perfect. Not a single unhappy person at our table. Perfect, fun, upbeat atmosphere. Solid beer list and cocktails (Pims cup!)

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Sadly, I didn't even finish half of my crabcake because I was so full. I wanted to try a little of everything...and I did. Lobster mac & cheese appetizer. an array of oysters (recommended by our server)...all delicious! And everything that came with the crabcake, horseradish potato salad and grilled asparagus...all terrific. the pan-seared crabcake was amazing. crispy and flavorful on the outside and delicate and delicious on the inside. It was all around a wonderful meal. Next time, I'll just feast on the fresh seafood platter from the raw bar!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was an unbelievable place to eat. First of all the ambiance of the place was unbelievable. This seemed to be the place to be seen and heard. The crowd here was very hip. On to the important stuff. Our app (the calamari) was the best I have ever tasted. When your in Maryland you must try crab cakes and theirs was to die for (it is served in a piping hot cast iron skillet and the taste was out of this world). The also had a great selection of draft beer at reasonable price (I loved the fact they had local Maryland beer to choose from). The service, food, beer, and ambiance (we had a direct view of the Inner Harbor) make this place a MUST VISIT. For the meal me had it was very reasonably priced and we will be back. In general Fells Point was a great place to visit. If your their you MUST visit Thames Street Oyster House.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I were in Baltimore last week and I made sure to do loads and loads of restaurant window shopping before we headed there. We're from West Virginia, and you just can't find good, fresh seafood around here.

Thames Street Oyster House is located in one of the BEST locations in Fell's Point. It's right by the water down a cobblestone road. The restaurant itself isn't anything fancy. But it's nice and intimate. We were seated on the second floor, and the only thing really bad was that you could hear the raucous from the patrons down on the first floor.

We started with the grilled rock octopus salad. Pretty good, but had too much olive sauce for me. If you like olives, I'm sure you won't mind it. My boyfriend also had a few oysters and said they were fantastic.

For our entrees... I had the whole 1 1/4lb Main Lobster. It's split and grilled and served with the claws on top. It also came with grilled asparagus. I added a side of red skin potatoes and it was all just enough. This was my first lobster, and it was FANTASTIC! My boyfriend had the Bouillabaisse. It has mussels, top necks, white fish, shrimp and squid in it with a saffron tomato bouillabaisse broth over noodles. The noodles were his ONLY complaint about the dish. They were huge and hard to eat.

After, we had the creme brulee, which was excellent.

We'll be back!