“Loved it! Highly recommend!”

Thames Street Oyster House
Ranked #3 of 2,073 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fells Point
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Our cab driver had no idea where the place was but so glad we persisted and found it! I would venture a guess and say cab drivers will soon learn to find this as word gets out. We didn't realize it was only open a month. We walked in and, as the other reviewer said, it was quite noisy. We weren't greeted at the door and didn't realize at first there was an upstairs so we almost left. This was the only slight negative. I would recommend the restaurant either post a hostess at the door or better signage indicating the dining room is upstairs. So we venture upstairs and are told to sit wherever we would like. We sat at one of the only tables with a view of Thames Street. There were a couple of larger parties upstairs and it can be noisy even upstairs depending what other diners are there. It didn't bother us a bit but just don't expect a quiet intimate environment. It is definitely a casual sports bar type environment with large screen LCD TV on the wall with a game playing.

Now to the best part - the food and service! I had the lobster wedge salad and crab and lobster risotto. Both were amazing! The salad was probably meant to be an entree salad and I could have just had that but I really wanted to try the risotto too and was glad I did. Huge chunks of lobster claw meat on both my salad and the risotto!! My coworker had shrimp ceviche and the skillet crab cake and raved about both of those as well. We shared the orange creme brulee for dessert which was very good as well.

The service was very good and our waitress was very friendly and attentive. I will definitely visit again next time I'm in Fell's Point.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Happened upon this place on a day trip to Fells Point. The food was absolutely spot on & the service equally good. Special thanks go to Anna for her tips re-how to best enjoy an 'O's game - we stayed on to the bitter end & they won!

Reviewed September 14, 2011

This place just opened and they are really good. The only downside is that it can get very loud in the bar (no surprise, it is a bar), but they have a wonderful little patio out back and a second floor dining area, so you can get away from the noise if you want to. I've been there 4 times so far, and they have impressed me each time.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Ten friends met for a Friday night happy hour and dinner. It is not always easy to accommodate a group this size. Fortunately, after enjoying a nice selection of beers and some Oysters Rockefeller in the bar, we were able to sit in the garden area. It is so nice that this restaurant was able to really renovate this building and it is all done so well. The building is nice, the garden was really pleasant, the beer selection is good and the food is terrific. The servers were great, efficient, and knowledgeable, and all the employees seemed to really be happy and proud of the restaurant. I hope they can keep it up.
Baltimore residents are asked all the time where they go for seafood, someplace that isn't a chain. Now I have an answer. I'm heading back again this week.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

My sister and I went Saturday night. It was packed yet took about 10 minutes to get a patio / courtyard seat. Thames Street Oyster is located in a prime area right off the water. The bar area is tastefully decorated and well lite with light paint on the walls giving a lively feel unlike some Fells Point bar/ restaurant. The menu is seafood and raw bar giving you the opportunity it taste some New England classic. Like lobster rolls and Latin favorite like shrimp ceviche. We had Bellini's and lemon drops as cocktails. Definitely potent. My sister had two huge shrimp the size of three standard shrimp. I had oyster Rockefeller. On a bed of hot salt. They we delicious. And we both had the shrimp ceviche. Too die for. The shrimp we extremely fresh and the presentation beautiful. There were 5 or 6 shrimp puzzled together in a citrus sauce with huge corn kernel and slices of red onion and red bell pepper. _I will without a doubt return.