“Hidden gem in Little Italy”
Review of BlancNoir

BlancNoir
Ranked #7 of 12 Baltimore B&B and Inns
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Hidden gem in Little Italy”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My significant other and I recently spent three nights in the San Francisco room and could not more highly recommend this beautiful B&B. I can't wait until our travels bring us back to the area so we can stay with Tonia, Bill and the sweet Birman kitties, Chloe and Cleo.

The Room: We stayed in the San Francisco room on the third floor which faces S. High Street. We carried our suitcases up ourselves even though they offered to carry them up. It's a steep climb so prepare to be a little winded, even if you are in good shape. The room is incredible, spacious and very quiet thanks to the double-paned windows. The entry way closet is large with shelves, drawers, hangars and extra space on the side to store empty suitcases. The bedroom features an extraordinarily comfortable king bed, nightstands, a chair for lounging and a desk that also holds the cable box for the awesome smartTV which we only used once. The bathroom is simply exquisite with double sinks and a gorgeous rainfall shower head with six jets. The shower head is positioned high enough the my 6'6 SO fit underneath it with no trouble. Temperature controls are digital and you can set the temperature and fan controls all with the touch of a button.

The rest of the house is tastefully decorated and very modern and clean. I spent an afternoon in the sitting room on the third floor reading travel magazines. The refrigerator in the sitting room provides water and sodas and there are both sweet and savory snacks available. I also spent some time on the rooftop deck making friends with Chloe one of Tonia's sweet Birman cats and we also sat outside on the patio in the evening to eat the gelato we picked up from Vaccaro's just down the street.

Breakfast: We ate breakfast in the dining room each morning. With delicious parfaits, cereal, meats and cheeses as a first course and a choice of a warm fresh made entree, we were spoiled well beyond your normal bed and breakfast offering. I had a spinach, mushroom and cheese frittata one morning with turkey bacon. I was sorely tempted by the orange marscapone waffles and french toast. The marmalade with fresh English muffins was delicious. You can order eggs any way you want them and have your choice of hash browns, and both sausage or bacon (standard or turkey versions). If you stay, take advantage of breakfast each morning even if you have get up earlier than you like.

Tonia was a wonderful host, we chatted with her several times, even though our daily activities meant we missed the wine and snacks at 5pm each day. I would have also liked to do the Segway tour but we also didn't have time to squeeze one in. This is a beautiful place to stay, right in the middle of Little Italy, in a modern newly renovated row house. I cannot more highly recommend staying here over any where else in the Baltimore area.

Room Tip: We picked the San Francisco room. It's on the third floor, facing the front and has just a showe...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jennifer S

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Montclair, NJ
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night recently and were beyond pleased. Everything about the stay was fantastic and the environment was very different from the traditional B&B. It's hard to beat the amenities at BlancNoir for the very low price you have to pay. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was my first experience with a B&B, it was all I hoped it would be and more! Everything was just as it appeared online ...wonderful! The hospitable host, Tonia & Bill were very nice and welcoming, I felt as if I were staying with my favorite aunt & uncle. The bed felt like I was sleeping on a cloud and the food was scrumptious! I can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2013
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My partner and I came down to Baltimore for our anniversary to stay at Blanc Noir. We chose this Bed & Breakfast thanks to these reviews. As we arrived we were warmly greeted by Tonia and Bill, which accommodated us on our early arrival. We stayed in the San Francisco room which was fantastic with modern amenities, and had a great view of the restaurants and shops in Little Italy. The rain shower in the bathroom was great, you can fit 15 people in there! Tonia and Bill made us feel right at home, we really did not even want to leave. The breakfast in the morning smelt really good and looked delicious, but we did not take advantage of the breakfast unfortunately (don't ask me why we came to a Bed and Breakfast then) LOL. Overall, I would definitely recommend this place if you want something DIFFERENT than the standard Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dave R
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was our first stay at a B&B and it was great. The house is beautiful and well kept. The room was very nice and bigger than I expected. We stayed in the San Fransisco room and loved the street view of Little Italy. Fortunately, the weather was beautiful in the morning on our last day there which allowed us an opportunity to have breakfast outside on the upper level patio. Very nice!! Bill and Tonia are very nice and accommodating. The food was really good and there is also a happy hour at 5-ish where we indulged in wine and snacks. We really enjoyed our stay and definitely recommend this beautiful place. Great location and reasonably priced. We will be returning!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Shenandoah, Virginia
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Our stay at BlancNoir was absolutely wonderful. Our room was spacious, spotless, and oh-so-comfortable. The shower was out-of-this world, the bed was incredibly comfortable, and the innkeepers, Tonia and Bill, were friendly, fun, and gracious. The food was excellent and plentiful. The care and attention to detail was apparent in every aspect of our stay. We highly recommend staying at BlancNoir.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank thyme2g0
Davidsonville, Maryland
Reviewed May 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the BlancNoir to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The B&B itself was beautifully restored; incredibly comfortable, and an excellent value! The attention to detail and the hospitality shown by Tonia and Bill was exceptional. Tonia is an amazing cook and offered not only a lovely breakfast spread - both cold and hot made to order options - but she also serves "fivsies" - late afternoon wine and snacks. It is a lovely, relaxing custom, especially when served on their intimate little patio. The room is spacious and well laid out. You can get lost in the jacuzzi and multi-head shower for two! The public areas of the inn are clean, beautifully appointed and very welcoming. The neighborhood is in the center of Little Italy. We were a watertaxi ride away from the Inner Harbor, the Museum of industry and Fell's Point. We had a blast and look forward to going again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple