I was not impressed by this hotel. You can see what this hotel is trying to do, but it just misses the mark.
1. It looked like a 23 year old graduated from college, got an apartment (albeit a large one), painted it funky colors, and sparsely furnished it. The hotel is trying to be hip and minimalist (I think), but really, paint and Ikea-like furniture does not do it. There was something missing, and staying in a place like this is not worth $250-300 per night.
2. It was NOISY! Both noise from indoors and outdoors. I had to turn on white noise to more than double the usual volume. Did not sleep well due to the noise.
3. The website brags about Netflix and internet on the TV. But the Netflix didn't work when we got there. They fixed it, but then the next time we tried to watch, got a message that too many users were on it, so we couldn't watch. And the internet on the TV was painfully slow, so that we couldn't use it at all.
4. For all the hype about this being an organic hotel, I would have thought that there would be more and nicer bath products. The only products were shampoo and conditioner. No soap, no lotion.
5. The spa tub was nice!
6. The staff was nice and helpful.
7. The complimentary bottle of wine and spring water was nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Inn at the Black Olive is Baltimore's Premier Boutique Organic Hotel. From the building materials to the Organic materials and ingredients are the focus.* Cozy Pure Certified Bed, organic bedding, and organic towels* Balconies with harbor views * 800-1000 Square foot rooms with separate dining/living area, bedroom and large spa bathroom with with Sanijet Aqua-therapy tub/Separate walk in shower*Sony Google Internet LED Television with netflix and satellite*Complimentary WIFI and wired broadband*We are ideally located on the boarder of Fells Point and Harbor east along Baltimore's historic waterfront, within walking distance to the convention center, sporting arenas, and the Inner Harbor. We are 14 Blocks south of Hopkins Hospital and all rooms have a view of the Baltimore's harbor. 24 hr Concierge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Inn at The Black Olive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.