“Baltimore's best”

Inn at The Black Olive
Ranked #43 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Me and my husband came here for a quick get away. After reading all the tripadvisors reviews I had high hopes. The black olive exceeded my expectations. The rooms were colorful, the bed was beyond comfortable, and the food hit the SPOT! This was all Eco friendly and luxurious didn't think you could mix the two together but the inn brings them together better than pb&j.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Samya A
Dimitris S, Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear catsaresmarter,
I wanted to take the time to express how particularly honored we are to have received a coveted 5 star review from you. You are obviously very well traveled and have given many thoughtful reviews to businesses. It looks like your opinion is trusted by many. We are a small family hotel that has decided to put all of its effort into customer service and to build a facility that does our best to nurture our guests. Your review is better than any advertising. It is real. together with tripadvisor, we have taken the advertising dollars that we need to spend and given them directly to you. We appreciate the time and effort it took to make such a detailed review.
If we can assist you with anything in the future please don’t hesitate to contact us at concierge@theblackolive.com. Our customer service dedicated team is at your service 24 hours. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Yours in Service,
Dimitris Spiliadis

There are newer reviews for Inn at The Black Olive

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed here for a month with my family ands kids. The front desk treated my kids as family they played with them all day and took care of them better then my babysitter. Even though baltimore had plenty of great places to eat breakfast the INN at the black olive had the best in town. The room was the size of a big apartment. So much good things to say about this hotel. I will be most defiantly be returning soon. I just want to thank the staff again For the best service and making me feel at home.

Room Tip: Stayed in most of the room they all are amazing
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank khalid a
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great accommodations, spacious and airy with a view of the harbor. Fantastic organic bed and linens and wonderful Turkish towels. Walls felt like Greece, washed and clean, slightly rustic, in an organic way. Extensive tv, Internet, and Netflix and a killer jacuzzi. All in an amazingly green environment. Even great handmade carpets in the suite and organic ales from room service. Smart lighting, huge picture windows, complimentary Greek wine and bottled water. Beautiful bamboo furnishings. Lots of things within walking distance and a terrific flagship restaurant. The dinner at the Black Olive was as good as the accommodation. 3000 bottles of organic wine in the cellar.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Arosskopf
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My fiancé and I celebrated our 1st Year Anniversary at the Inn at the Black Olive. It was !AMAZING! The staff was friendly and professional. The room was perfect for our occasion, especially the view, the whirlpool tub and extremely comfortable bed. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EdLoriE
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I found the Inn at the Black Olive through Trip Advisor, so I thought I'd give it a try. My daughter is moving to Baltimore to attend college at Loyola, and we were coming out for orientation. For a four day trip, I wanted some space and comfort.
I'm a bit of a hotel brat, and have stayed in some of the finest hotels around the world. With two kids in college, the hotel budget is smaller, but the bratty expectations are still there, so I am challenged to find high standards at good prices. The Inn at the Black Olive made this hotel brat a very happy person.
Upon arrival, I was intrigued by the small check-in area, with the small cafe next to the area, and wasn't entirely sure what to think. My check in was a breeze, and AJ took me to my suite on the fourth floor. The rooms were enormous! I was impressed by the rugs made with vegetable dyes, the hypoallergenic furnishings, the thoughtful (and free!) bottle of Mountain Vally water (my favorite) and a bottle of Greek wine chilling in the small refrigerator, the spacious bedroom and the colorful artwork. AJ gave an interesting explanation of the attributes of the mineral coloring in the walls, the art, and the other characteristics of the rooms. And the bathroom! A huge air jet tub, large enough for two, and the air jets made the spa bubbles ensuring no nasty recycled jacuzzi water was in this tub. And there was a separate shower that was also enormous. Great water pressure, organic bath products including a fabulous bubble bath, and separate WC for privacy. The towels were plentiful and thick.
Other pluses:
Valet parking is just $25 for the LENGTH OF YOUR STAY! Not per night. And your car is brought around very quickly.
No carpet! I loved the oasis of the rugs, and no carpets meant cleaner floors, less allergens, and no stuff that gets trapped in carpets.
Comfortable platform beds with lovely but firm mattresses. Great pillows, too.
Large closet and plenty of nice wooden hangers.
Delicious coffee and a coffee maker that actually worked.
First class service! The staff, including AJ, Ahmed, Al, Chris, and Joseph were amazing! If I needed something, they were right there. One night I had to make a CVS run about 11:15 pm. Rather than send me out at night, one of the staff took me in their car and waited for me to make my purchase. You just don't find service like this anymore!

One afternoon, the owner, Dimitris was in the lobby, and he inquired about my stay. I was telling him how pleased I was, then I figured out to whom I was speaking. Dimitris was so gracious, asking if I needed anything, and thanking me for selecting his hotel for my stay. You can tell the guests are appreciated at the Inn at the Black Olive.

Overall, this is the place I will stay in Baltimore. I already have reservations for move-in weekend and Parents' Weekend at the university. The uniqueness, cleanliness, attention to detail, friendliness of staff and top-notch service have sold me on the Inn at the Black Olive. I used to wrinkle my nose at small boutique hotels, but not this one. When I return to the Inn at the Black Olive, which I am eager to do, I know the staff will make me feel welcome and I'll have another wonderfully comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Tell the staff what your needs are for your room, and they will match a room to your needs. Rooms w...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lovesthebeach1989
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend chose this hotel for us to stay at during a weekend get away. We were both excited to stay as we read great reviews on line and thought that the organic/eco-friendly concept was neat. We checked in early and our room was ready which was nice. We would soon find out that that was the last thing that wowwed us during the visit. The room was just ok. Poor decorations, poor use of space, no mood lighting, or dimmer switches. The balcony that is advertised is a joke. There was barely enough room for 2 people to stand out there. The inclusion of breakfast was advertised as being included with the stay and this too was a joke. We ordered breakfast which came up 45 minutes later without forks, knives, salt, pepper, katsup- just 2 plates on a big ugly tray. By the time we got our utensils (from a pretty rude and unkempt worker) and condiments, our breakfast was cold. And they were going to charge us until we fought that. I have no idea how this place got so many good
reviews.. Far from it. Thumbs down. Will not return. Will not reccomend.

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Phillysue123
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Fantastic hotel! Very comfortable and large rooms. The staff is very friendly and super helpful. Great place to stay. The bathroom was very nice. Large soaking tub and huge shower. The bed was very comfortable and large.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple