“5 stars all the way!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 61 Hotels in Baltimore
Waterbury, Connecticut, United States
“5 stars all the way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here in the VIP suite and it was everything you could ask for and made us feel like we were home. We stayed 4 nights, we were on our way to Charlotte, North Carolina on business afterwards. Right from the start everything was perfect. We loved the added touch of the bottle of wine, Joe explained everything about the green features of the room and the hotel. We also met Demitris on our first night there while we were having dinner upstairs. The food upstairs was spot on! So fresh and cooked perfectly. I can be pretty picky since I have a culinary background, and I was very pleased. The location was great, perfectly situated between Fells and Inner Harbor. We like to walk and walked everywhere, but the hotel is situated very close to the Charm City Circulator stop, and the water taxi as well. We liked our room so much we extended our vacation, and on the way back from Charlotte we stopped and stayed another 4 nights!! We also had breakfast and lunch in the café downstairs, just as freas and delicious as upstairs, but different menu. Our room was perfect, super comfy king sized bed with organic linens, made for a very restful sleep. Huge bathroom with a separate shower, spa tub, and separate water closet, for added privacy, which is a really nice touch. spa terry robes and more towels than we needed! An added bonus was the washer/dryer!! Loved the space to spread out. we always book a suite when we travel and this hotel was so much better than the big corporate chains...Thank you to all of the staff that made our stay so enjoyable!!!
Karen & Scott

1 Thank BrooklynCafe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

5 stars just doesn't capture the level of service and the accomodations here. Even my own mother doesn't treat me so well -- and she is truly the queen of hospitality, comfort, and my ultimate refuge of respite. Our stay was 5 nights long. Skip to what you are interested in using the headings below.

Rooms: Immaculate. I have never seen a cleaner space. Not one spec of dust anywhere.
Spacious: We had plenty of room for our family -- including two bathrooms, a king sized bed and two couches. (Did I mention that when it looked like there weren't enough places to sleep, Demetri actually bought another huge couch for the room so both my teenage sons could have their own sleeping space?) Refrigerator, sink and coffee maker. Our in-room coffee (as well as that at the Agora Market in the hotel) was some of the best we've ever had.

Service: Joseph, Chris, and Demetri jumped to help load and unload our bags and to help us as we passed through the lobby. I forgot my toothbrush and they ran one up, no problem. When I was passing by the front desk one morning, I saw Joseph's divine breakfast (from the hotel restaurant Agora Market) and asked what it was -- he hadn't touched it yet and he offered his own breakfast to me. Wonderful men with manners so gracious and genuine you are surrounded with comfort.

Parking: There is a public parking garage directly next to the hotel. If you enter by 4 and leave before 5 am, it's $3 overnight. Weekend days are $3 too. The daily rate is either $12 or $16 if you are leaving the garage during the hours between 6 am and 4 pm. We found it simple and affordable. But if that's too confusing, the hotel offers valet parking for $25 day.

Restaurants: The food at Agora Market is a real treat, absolutely unsurpassed. I ordered an item that wasn't on the menu (the Greek Heuvos Rancheros) and it couldn't have been better. Each person in our family ordered something different and said the same thing about their own meals. Breakfast is affordable and my dish, complete with eggs, meat and grilled vegetables was under $10. Don't miss this restaurant if you go -- our only regret is that we didn't try it until late in our stay.

The Black Olive, a very fine restaurant, is behind the hotel. There is another fine restaurant on the hotel rooftop. Dudas is also a great tavern around the corner. Whole Foods is also in walking distance.

Easy Access to Public Transportation: The "Circulator" a free bus system that comes every 12 minutes during the day, and 22 minutes in later hours, comes within 4 blocks of the hotel. It will take you to the Convention center, the Aquarium, the shopping centers, or any other major area in town. Try it. You'll like it.

Room Tip: All the rooms have harbor views, all are quiet, all are immaculate. You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank LaVida
Ellicott City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Inn at the Black Olive for valentines night was a perfect getaway for my husband and I. The staff (Joseph, Chris and the owner Dimitri) did everything possible to make our stay special. Beautiful accomodations, great location and the food in the market is delicious. Satellite was down (pretty much everywhere in Fells point) but Joseph helped us with netflixs introducing us to a new comic who was hysterical. Thanks to our Secret santa for such and enjoyable couple days.

Carleton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Inn at The Black Olive satisfies all your senses. The Inn is VERY clean. I loved the style...simple yet artistic. The rooms are very spacious and quiet. I rarely heard anyone. At one point of our stay I thought we were the only people staying at the Inn. I was wrong. It is very peaceful. It is located right between Fells Point and Harbor East. I was able to walk everywhere. The area is safe. There is always someone at the concierge desk to assist you with any need. The food is excellent. You can experience wonderful greek cuisine. Everything is organic and healthy. You can go to the Agora Market on the 1st floor, The Olive Room on the 5th floor, or just take a quick walk around the block to The Black Olive Restaurant. You just feel healthier when you stay here. Also, I learned a lot about food in relation to our health. We stayed for two weeks because my 6 yr old daughter receives rehabilitation from Kennedy Krieger Institute. This Inn is also handicap accessible. I have never experienced a "hotel stay" like this... The Spiliadis Family really care about their guests and I personally experienced this.. We are going back to Baltimore this summer. There is no other place we would stay! I truly felt like family when we stayed there.... Thank You Dimitris! You went above and beyond for us... Chris & Joseph your spectacular!!
~Dory

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dory J
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

There are not enough positive things I can say. When we arrived the desk staff was friendly & gave us a tour of our room & all of its eco features. We went out on the town and arrived back in the wee hours of the morning, but felt super safe, as there was ample lighting surrounding the inn & a staff member was present at the desk. The bed was heavenly with ample pillows in various sizes, although i would have favored a heavier comforter. The bathtub was much needed in the morning and when paired with the fair trade roast from Zeke's coffee (local) I was eased back to life. It was too cold to go on the terrace, but the view was nice. We didn't use the TV or mini bar, but it seemed to be appointed with sparkling water & wine (and now an unopened bottle of vodka that i accidentally left in it). The only criticism I could possibly issue would be when our phones went dead there was no in room docking station. We called the front desk and the concierge lent us his- yet another example of amazing service.
I would have love to have stayed longer, as it truly felt like an oasis for our staycation.
thanks again!

Oakton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The Inn at the Black Olive is a gem. I have never written a review, but this hotel deserves praise for its unique approach to hospitality. My first criteria is cleanliness and the beautiful, spotless accommodation surpassed my expectations. On check in we were asked what temperature we would like our room to be and it was set to our request. Once we opened the door to the room, we were surprised by the spaciousness and ambiance of the living area and bedroom. The bed was supremely comfortable and the organic philosophy of the entire hotel made us feel extremely good about our environment.
Our purpose for this stay was to receive treatment at Johns Hopkins. The location is extremely close to the hospital, yet in a fabulous location to explore Fells Point by foot. We enjoyed walking around the neighborhood and only used the car to drive to the hospital. We were so impressed that we will be back again. Thank you for providing us with such a welcoming experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Gwynn Oak, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Just spent the last couple days at what must be Baltimore’s best-kept secret “The Inn at the Black Olives.” OMG the service was 2nd to none. Every thing was so elegant but yet not over done. Organic sheets, towels and furnishings with a spa Jacuzzi bathroom that was superb and stocked with organic bath salts, lotions and creams. Just minutes from the harbor, valet parking too!!!