“A place away from Home.”

Inn at The Black Olive
Ranked #43 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband and I visited Baltimore for the first time, a friend refered us to this place and we loved everything. We were greeted by Dimitris the Owner at the front door. The next morning complimentry breakfast prepared by chef Alicia was just amazing. We felt so welcome and at home. Definately recommend this place is worth everything.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Rabli
Dimitris S, General Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Greetings Rabli:

Thank you for visiting The Inn at The Black Olive and spending your stay in historical Fells Point with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay and sharing your thoughts and experiences with the TripAdvisor Community.

We are proud to be a place that you can feel at home! We are a small family owned hotel and feel a personal connection with all of our guests.

Our staff takes great pride in making sure our guests have a remarkable experience. If we can assist you with anything in the future please don’t hesitate to contact myself or the concierge team at concierge@theblackolive.com. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Dimitris Spiliadis

E:Dimitris@theblackolive.com

There are newer reviews for Inn at The Black Olive

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Upon arriving through the front doors of the hotel the tone of my stay was set. The staff was delightful and helpful yet not rigid or robotic. Once in the room I was amazed by its size and simplistic cozy decor. The space felt like the apartment I always wanted. I was unable to enjoy every aspect of the room due to my short stay and busy schedule but it had everything I needed. (including wine) Initially, I found the room because I was looking for a jacuzzi tub and the Black Olive Inn superceeded my expectations. The tub was large, surrounded by candles and bathing goodies.I was able to listen to soothing jazz on the Ipod enabled alarm clock, pull back the curtains in the adjacent room exposing the wall of windows for a view of the inner harbor lights and prepare for my night out like a queen. Anytime I had a question about the local area or needed a cab the staff was more than helpful. The following day I had lunch at the attached Agora Market and Demetri made me a wonderful Woody's Killer Salad. The entire stay from arrival, getting dressed, sleeping and the suggested salad with smoothie was organically pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lotusviii
Dimitris S, Owner at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Greetings lotusviii:

We are especially thankful for highlighting all of the details that made your stay special. We are very proud of the use of organic materials and ingredients to make for your "organically pleasant" stay with us!

Dimitris Spiliadis

E:Dimitris@theblackolive.com

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Seldom do you find a hotel that actually makes you feel as if you've done something good environmentally just by staying there. From the organic bedding, to the nontoxic wall finishes to the energy efficient lighting, the suite-type room was unique, calming and inviting.The jacuzzi was a super-clean medical grade type, the bedding was super comfy and the spaciousness appreciated. Location is walking distance to many trendy bars and restaurants in Baltimore. The staff, especially front desk, were friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Nice to have breakfast included and delivered but could have more options. Will stay here from now on when we visit Baltimore. A real find!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MSV58
Dimitris S, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Greetings MSV58:

Knowing the number of quality hotel choices in the Baltimore Charm City area, we appreciate you choosing The Inn at The Black Olive.

If I can assist you with anything in the future please don’t hesitate to contact me at Ryan@theblackolive.com. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I found this hotel on the Stash Hotels site. The hotel was fantastic. I had a very large well appointed room that felt like home. The front desk staff was more helpful than I have ever encountered. He offered to help with everything I needed including following up on dining suggestions. Walking distance to many great bars and restaraunts. I will stay here every time I come to Baltimore and I will recommend to my friends as well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Chris K

Dear Chris K:

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights towards the end of October. Wonderful room, our own sitting room, kitchenette with tea and coffee, an enormous bathroom with a spa bath that was spotless and there was a washing machine as well had we wanted it. The towels and bedding were excellent, best pillows I have slept on almost ever I think! The staff were super helpful without being smarmy in any way, warm and welcoming. Free WiFi and free calls were also an excellent addition. The rate also included breakfast which if you have the cooked breakfast is great but if you don't, the options are little bit lacking, I was still hungry after my 1 slice of toast. If we are ever in Baltimore again I would not hesitate to stay here again.

1  Thank kme98

Greetings kme98

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here on my birthday. I wish we stayed longer than just the one night because we checked in very late. The hotel is very unique and I love all of the art in the rooms and in the halls. The jacuzzi was awesome, complete with different bath salts and scrubs. The bed was so comfortable!!!!! I didn't get a chance to eat at the restaurant or go to the market but I will next time I return, which will be very soon. My only complaint is that although the breakfast was good, there is really no option for non pork eaters except for roasted veggies.

Greetings Kenya R:

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have to say that this was one of the most unique, chic, eco-friendly, amazing, friendly and affordable hotel that my husband and I have ever stayed in. We often try to find a place that is a little different and smaller than the "normal" hotel. We were in Baltimore for a wedding and had a night to just hang out together and see the city. I had to change my accommodations last minute and when I rang the hotel I spoke with the nicest guy Ryan... he fixed it in no time and made sure that we would safely make it there from the airport! When we got there- he greeted us and sent us on our way to a spectacular room with a bottle of wine waiting for us! We then ate there on the rooftop and hung out late night with the bartender Kenny... GREAT company and GREAT food! The next morning, even thou it was hard to get out of that California King Bed.. we got complimentary breakfast for 2 in our room! We got a late checkout... definitely took use of the biggest Jet Tub for 2 that I have ever seen! :) The room was 800 Square feet... that made it so much more enjoyable. Im sure our wedding party got sick of us talking about how awesome the Black Olive was.. and how we wanted to go back! We hope to make a return visit to see more of Baltimore, Ryan and the Inn at the Black Olive! The hotel contributed to our very memorable weekend! Thank you so much - hope to see you soon!!!!

1  Thank Mel_Taylor_Thomas

Greetings Mel_Taylor_Thomas:

We are all so happy to hear you had such an amazing time while staying with us. It sounds like you were able to fully enjoy your stay and all that we have to offer our guests.