“Fantastic hotel, would visit again and again!”

Inn at The Black Olive
Ranked #42 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Weston, Connecticut
“Fantastic hotel, would visit again and again!”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This hotel is a dream, literally! We loved he wholesome sensibility of the owners and management. From the bedding to the furniture and decor, to the bath products, and even the coffee in the room, the focus is on supporting local sources, with wholesome intentions. It is comfortable, with over-sized suites, including huge bathrooms, some with their own mini washer/dryer! Great neighborhood, a short walk to some of Baltimore's best restaurants, beautiful views from the hotel restaurant, which is also a wonderful experience. All around, I would highly recommend this unique hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mini washer/dryer, you'll love having it! The in-room organic breakfast ma...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Paula K!

Thank you for visiitng The Inn at The Black Olive and spending your stay in historical Fells Point with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your entire stay with us!!! I was delighted to read that your stay was a dream and so enjoyable we do truly strive for excellence and glad you appreciated everything.

If you need anything in the future please don’t hesitate to contact me at Ryan@theblackolive.com we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

E:Ryan@theblackolive.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The first LEED-rated hotel we've ever stayed in - everything from the walls to the bed is eco-friendly. This is not your typical hotel: floors are polished concrete with area rugs. Huge living room (with exercise bike) and bedroom - looks more like a condo than a hotel room. Large bathroom and shower, and a whirlpool tub I could've stayed in forever. Very helpful staff - Hey, Ryan, thanks again! - and nice rooftop outdoor restaurant for breakfast.

1 Thank will279
Greetings will279!

Thank you for visiting The Inn at The Black Olive and spending your stay in historical Fells Point with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your entire stay with us!!! I was thrilled to read that our Inn was the first LEED-rated building you have stayed in and glad you were satisfied and thought our concept was “very cool.”

If you need anything in the future please don’t hesitate to contact me at Ryan@theblackolive.comwe are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My significant other and I had the good fortune to stay at The Black Olive recently. We had a corner spa suite, which was spacious and simply wonderful. There was such attention to detail and guest comfort...even to the supportive mattress on the bed. Strictly top-shelf! We ate at their new roof-top restaurant and the food was strictly Five Star. The view, of the nighttime sky, was incredibly romantic too. Picture perfect. I can't say enough good things about this place other than one can really feel at home at The Black Olive. Can't wait to return again!

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the street and is at least two floors up for a beautiful view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patrick O
Greetings Patrick O!

Thank you for visiitng The Inn at The Black Olive and spending your stay in historical Fells Point with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your entire stay with us!!! I was thrilled to read that your stay was perfect and romantic. Your kind accolades on the Spa Suite and roof top restaurant are greatly appreciated and we are very happy you and your significant other were able to have such romantic experience.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Beautiful place and very kind service. In fact, I probably would have missed my flight if the gentleman at the front desk had not come up when i didnt answer the wakeup call and knocked on my door to tell me my taxi was there at 5am. Above and beyond!

• Stayed June 2012
Greetings ForTheLoveOfAway!

Thank you for visiting The Inn at The Black Olive and spending your stay in historical Fells Point with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay with us!!! I was thrilled to read that your stay was above and beyond your expectations and you felt as though you were in a luxury apartment.

If you need anything in the future please don’t hesitate to contact me at Ryan@theblackolive.com. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Newark, Delaware
Reviewed June 16, 2012

The Inn at the Black Olive is a great location--near the Inner Harbor and Fells Point--but far enough from them to be quiet. The rooms are clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated. The luxurious bathroom (bigger than some NY hotel rooms) has premium fixtures, hydrotherapy tub, and a huge shower. The complimentary hot breakfast (eggs, meats, homemade pastries, and freshly squeezed OJ) is delivered to your room. You won't find service and accommodations like this at any of the big name hotels in the Inner Harbor. The only negatives were a coffee maker that fails to keep coffee hot and the lack of an ice bucket or ice machine.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dimitris S, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Greetings BobS28!

Thank you for visiitng The Inn at The Black Olive and spending your stay in historical Fells Point with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your entire stay with us!!! I was thrilled to read that your stay was enjoyable.

New York City, New York
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I have been to the Inn at The Black Olive twice now and I will NEVER stay anywhere else again. So much care and detail has been put into making this place a truly relaxing and well rounded Green experience. I actually learned a lot about healthy living as the staff is well informed about the benefits of this lifestyle. Staying here is not just sleeping somewhere.. it's an EXPERIENCE. The food in the restaurant upstairs is AMAZING. Coming from NYC, we have everything here and it's rare to find such delicious fresh organic food. The view and the sunlight in the restaurant and in the rooms are amazing. Also, the first time I stepped into my room I felt as if I could breathe again. The air quality in the building is purified and even the water is filtered through their own filtering system so you are taking a bath in pure water. Even the feathers in the pillows and mattresses are organic. There are so many little details in this place that amaze me. The owners did not cut any corners in bringing this experience to life. Definitely the ONLY place to stay in Baltimore. I hope they open up more around the country soon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Greetings BusinessGirl7!

Thank you for visiting The Inn at The Black Olive and spending your stay in historical Fells Point with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review about your entire stay with us!!! I was thrilled to read that your stay was so amazing because that is exactly what we strive for with every guest that stays with us, we want it to be a very memorable relaxing experience.

Glenolden, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2012

The staff was very helpfull and accomodating. The room was very clean, but the "balconys" aren't really balconys. They're basically about a foot or so of standing space. At least that's how it was in Spa Suite 22. But overall the place was great, plenty of room. A big, very comfortable bed. The 2 person tub with the jets in the bathroom was great. The location is really ideal, very close to the Inner Harbor, and right around the corner from The Fells Point nightlife area. They had a towncar service that was about the same price as a regular Taxi, which was a huge added bonus. It's a bit pricy for what it is, but if you've got the extra cash, I'd recommend trying the place out.

Greetings John H!

Thank you for visiting The Inn at The Black Olive and spending your stay in historical Fells Point with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review about your entire stay with us!! I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your Spa Suite and all of its amenities, I do apologize that you were unhappy with the size of the balcony; 9 of our Spa Suites have standing balcony’s which you can see in the pictures on our website and 3 of the suites the California Spa Suites have Larger Sitting balcony’s which also have a table and chairs. We have had guests in the past put chairs out on their standing balcony’s and it accommodated 2 chairs comfortably.