“Loves it, thanks trip advisor”

Inn at The Black Olive
Ranked #42 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
New York City, New York
“Loves it, thanks trip advisor”
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Coming to Baltimore to see the Michael Jackson Immortal Tour by Cirque du SOLEIL, I was not supposed to spend a night over, but when I checked the reviews on this hotel I became interested in spending a night in this place. I travel a lot, and a new hotel is always a great experience, but I must say that this one was unique. Not the regular impersonal 5 stars hotel, but a different approach, more charming, more homy.
The room, I should say the suite, was awesome, overlooking the water, huge, and after the show I felt, that I didn't want to go to a walking distance restaurant, but wanted to have a bite in the room, and enjoy the free bottle of wine left in the fridge (not because it was free, just because I thought that it was a nice welcome drink). So did I, and they allowed me to buy some food In the organic shop within the hotel, which was closed at the time I came back.
So I had a great evening, thinking about this wonderful show, looking at the city lights, and sipping my wine while watching TV.
I love this week end, I love the way I treated myself, and I would recommend to do the same to single, couples....anyone...but enjoy this different place.

Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Fpny
Dimitris S, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Fpny:

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor! We are all very happy you were able to spend a night with us after your exciting night seeing Michael Jackson Immortal Tour by Cirque du Soleil!! Your kind words about the Spa Suite are greatly appreciated and we are happy you were able to treat yourself to a overnight getaway at the Inn.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next stay with us a great as your first!

E:Ryan@theblackolive.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 5, 2012

The main factor that made us book at the Inn at The Black Olive was Ryan. I am a member of STASH Hotels and when I called inquiring about availability I was originally informed that the property was sold out. Ryan called me back about 5 days later to say a room has opened up.Upon our arrival, there was Ryan assisting us and making sure our van was parked in the adjacent garage. The fact that the hotel is sustainable and LEED friendly was also a booking factor. Amenities, complimentary bottle of wine and the furnishings were all pluses. My only criticism was the sound in the room and restaurant were a bit loud since there was little to absorb the noise. The restaurant at the Inn is Greek themed and the quality and freshness was spot on. It was reasonably priced and the service was attentive. Walking distance to Inner Harbor, Aquarium, and surrounding neighborhoods

Room Tip: Only 12 rooms and they all face the Harbor. There are three rooms with outdoor decks
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Roger L
Dimitris S, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Dear RogerL!

Thank you for your thorough review about your stay with us. We are always happy to have STASH members stay with us and experience our unique Inn. I do appreciate your comments about the room and the noise issue, I do apologize and we make every effort to make sure noise isn’t a issue for guests and we are making every effort to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

We welcome you back to the Inn whenever you are in Baltimore again and please do not hesitate to let me know if I can be of service again.

USA/Sweden
Reviewed May 4, 2012

My girlfriend and I went to the Greek islands for her birthday... and The Black Olive was the same experience! Huge room, amazing jet tub, included bottle of wine. A true 5-star experience. And, especially if you want a Santorini or Paros island-type experience... it's perfect. I can't believe it's in Baltimore!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank TripGuy025
Dear TripGuy025!

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor about your stay with us. We are happy you are able to compare us to your experience at the Greek Islands!!! Thank you for your gracious words about the Spa Suite and the amenities in your room, we strive to make sure every guest has a 5 Star experience with us.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 2, 2012

We stayed here the weekend we got married and it was great. I've travelled a lot throughout Europe and the US and this was the most unique and enjoyable hotel experience. Thoroughly enjoyed all the luxuries and amenities the Inn had to offer. Since we live in the same neighborhood we'll still be visiting the roof top restaurant and organic market (and probably find an excuse to stay at the Inn again). Great and friendly staff too!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TJWD
Dear TJWD!

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor about your stay with us. It was our pleasure hosting you and your family for your wedding. We greatly appreciate your kind words about your stay and glad to hear the wedding was such a success.

Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed April 30, 2012

What can I say about the the Inn at Black Olive? Well, having stayed at some of the finest Hotels/Resorts around the country, this place has the best customer service of any place I have ever stayed. The Ritz and Four Seasons really should take note! It started when I called to make my reservation and having Ryan Solomon, the concierge and director of customer relations, who is phenomenal in every way, really take the time to answer ALL my questions and making sure I had all the information I needed.

Chris at check in made sure to have our room ready early since we arrived early and explained all the amenities in the room to us. The Black Olive Inn’s eco-friendly décor includes not only organic toiletries and bed linens (which I will get into more detail in a bit), but also a complimentary bottle of organic wine and a bottle of water waiting for you in the fridge.The room (we stayed in a Corner Spa Suite) is amazing. It's very large with a decent size flatscreen, 2 balconies (One in living area, one in bedroom) Mini fridge, sink, a very nice and CLEAN coffee maker with local Zeke's gourmet coffee.

I also have to say that the hotel manager Alicia was so helpful (providing help/info on the bedding, but also just in making sure we enjoyed our stay). Now the bed. It's heaven. The mattress, the bedding...everything! We are actually going to purchase the Mattress and bedding that is used at the inn. I slept all night for the first time in years. The bathroom was equally amazing with an enormous two person jacuzzi and equally enormous shower.Breakfast is included and yummy and delivered to your room if you like. I also want to mention that the room was immaculate. Cleanliness is very important to me, and I did not find one speck of dust!

This is the perfect place for health-conscious, eco-friendly enthusiasts to spend a romantic getaway for an evening or weekend, or for the business traveler. Next time we are going to eat at The Olive Room. We heard great things about their organic restaurant. We love fells point, and the Inn at Black Olive is such a great location we really can't wait to go back. We highly recommend it! I always check TripAdvisor, but so far have not reviewed. I felt compelled to say how wonderful the Inn at Black Olive is, and the people that work there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Marla57
Dimitris S, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Greetings Marla57!

Thank you for coming across The Inn at The Black Olive and spending your stay in historical Fells Point with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed review about your entire stay with us!!! I was thrilled to read that your stay was nothing but perfection because that is exactly what we strive for with every guest that stays with us, we want it to be a very memorable relaxing experience.

If you need anything in the future please don’t hesitate to contact me at Ryan@theblackolive.com we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Inn at The Black Olive is amazing. Spacious, very comfortable, and great lobby store for freshly prepared eats. You feel like you have your own apartment staying there. I stayed there with some colleagues on a business trip and we all loved it.

Room Tip: I would say every room is good. Make sure you get one of the whirlpool jacuzzis!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Martin U
Greetings Martin U!

Thank you for coming across The Inn at The Black Olive and spending your stay in historical Fells Point with us. Also we want to extend our deepest gratitude to you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. It is imperative to have candid reviews like yours representing us.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for my brothers wedding. My family had 5 of the rooms and they were all very nice. Everything in the hotel is organic and all natural and recycled. Free wine in the fridge, awesome organic California king bed, and wonderfully large whirlpool tub. Complimentary breakfast from the restaurant upstairs is all organic food, and delicious. The wedding was at the hotel, upstairs on the deck outside the restaurant. Beautiful view. The staff was very helpful with the setup of the wedding and the reception, which was inside the restaurant. The wedding was beautiful and the atmosphere of the hotel and the restaurant made it very special. Unfortunately, I live in Florida, and won't be able to visit this hotel. If you are in the area and looking for a hotel this one is highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Elismomma
Dear Elismomma!

Thank you for your recent post on TripAdvisor about your stay with us. It was our pleasure hosting you and your family during your brothers wedding. We greatly appreciate your kind words about the room and your stay and glad to hear the wedding was such a success.