“Amazing stay!”

Inn at The Black Olive
Ranked #42 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
“Amazing stay!”
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We stumbled upon the black olive inn when coming to baltimore for a concert. The staff are so friendly, everyone is awesome. The room that we had was spacious, clean and had a good view. We were able to walk to attractions and restaurants. We had our service dog with us, and the inn accommodated every need for her. It was one of the best places we've stayed at, we will tell our friends about it and we will definitely be back in the future.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Larthur
Dimitris S, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at The Black Olive, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for “stumbling” across The Inn at The Black Olive, Baltimore Maryland and spending your stay in historical Fells Point with us. Also we want to extend our deepest gratitude to you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. It is imperative to have candid reviews like your representing us. It was our absolute pleasure taking care of your family and service dog, we always try to accommodate our guests every need.

Furthermore I am thrilled to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the occasion to welcome you again.

If you need anything in the future please don’t hesitate to contact me at Ryan@theblackolive.com

Yours in Service,

Ryan M. Salamon
Director of Customer Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2011

This amazing quaint Inn in the heart of the East Harbour in Baltimore is simply fantastic. The service is first class, the food to die for and the suites are pristine. Every little detail is thought of before you get a chance to request. I would highly recommend. This is a different experience that delights all senses. A must stay . Mary

Room Tip: Every room is a great room..
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank mary h
Atlanta
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the Inn for business. This boutique hotel, and the wonderful restaurant upstairs, focus on "green" technology and organic foods and products. Dimitri and his mother (the owners) are very hospitable. The food is absolutely delicious, and the rooms are large and comfortable. I look forward to returning each time I am in Baltimore.

Room Tip: Higher floors have best view of the Inner Harbor.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank FrankIlardi
Dear Guest,

Thank you for coming across The Inn at The Black Olive, Baltimore Maryland and spending your stay in historical Fells Point with us. We want to extend our deepest gratitude to you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay and your appreciation of our green attributes. It is imperative to have candid reviews like yours representing us.

Yours in Service,

Ryan M. Salamon

Director of Customer Relations
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 11, 2011

The hotel is modern and green with attractive decor and comfortable furnishings. I was sad to only stay one night because I wanted more time to lay in the super comfortable bed or soak in the jacuzzi tub. The staff was helpful and accommodating and worked to make my stay a fantastic one. A complimentary bottle of wine was a nice touch too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a unique experience and superior service.

Room Tip: The concierge showed me several rooms so I could pick my favorite.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Washington, DC
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Beautiful new green building. Amazingly comfortable beds. Great views for the top floor bar area. Peaceful and quiet. We enjoyed the stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I spent 2 glorious nights at the new Inn at the Black Olive in Baltimore, close to the Inner Harbor. It is a small new boutique hotel with fewer than 15 guest suites. Arriving at the inn the first night was as if I had been transported magically to the Mediterranean coast and was staying in a lovely private villa. The textures, colors and decor (including the vibrant soft handmade carpets) of the inn are natural and restful and soothe away all stress. The bed, linens, towels and other accoutrements are of the highest quality and wrap the guests in a bubble of luxury, comfort and peace. The bathroom is on a par with a spa with an enromous whirlpool bathtub and even larger shower. The flat screen tv did everything but jump off the wall and dance around the room. And of course the complimentary bottle of wine from the region after which your suite is named was most welcome.
And then there was the complimentary breakfast which was specially prepared with perfect eggs, with homemade fresh warm toast, homemade marmalade, goart cheese, strawberries and blueberries. To find such a feast with such attentive personal service at a hotel is remarkable in itself. That it was included in the room charge is amazing.

This is a hidden gem and very close to Johns Hopkins Hospital if you are visiting there.

Room Tip: The owners work at the hotel so don't hesitate to speak with them directly and say what you woul...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed here along with another couple on a mini vacation. Our room was the vip corner suite which was beautiful, the room our friends had was a slightly smaller suite, but still had all the same amenities. The wine was very good, and the selection was both large and interesting. Prices were surprisingly low for what i felt was great quality. The free bottle in your rooms was a nice touch. The location of the hotel is great, as it is right next to the fells point area for shopping and nightlife, but not smack in the middle of it. The best part of the stay was the staff. I have traveled a lot and normally stay in higher end hotels and suites, this was by far the most attentive and genuinely concerned staff I've ever dealt with. where i stay is very important part of my trips, and i hate starting with boring disinterested check in personnel. every employee we talked to was very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. I will stay here every time i am in the harbor area from now on.
I think the only thing i wasn't completely happy with was the balconies. there were 2 in our room, one from the bedroom and one from the sitting area. I had pictured something a little larger. These were more of small lookout areas. To be clear, I wasn't promised anything about the balconies, just pictured something different,. Still, it wasn't so bad having 2 balconies to look out over the harbor from. :)
We did not have the opportunity to try the restaurant in the Hotel unfortunately. but we plan to on our next trip.
The Inn at the black olive is exactly what you would want from a hotel, and if you travel to the Baltimore inner harbor or fells point area, I promise you will be disappointed if you stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: All of the room in this hotel are suite types. there arent a ton of rooms so make sure to book early...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends