“Crab cakes” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bertha's Mussels
Ranked #84 of 1,999 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Balti
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Crab cakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Had gone to Lexington market earlier to get crab cakes. Nancy who makes the crab cakes was on vacation, bummer. Happened upon Burthas and decided to give it a try. Jennifer our waitress guaranteed the crab cakes here were delicious. She was right . These were the best we had ever had. Jennifer was an Excelant waitress very personable. Would defiantly come back

Visited September 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“More than just mussels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

After an Orioles ball game, we headed over to Fells Point. Looking for sea food, (that is what one does in Baltimore/Annapolis, Maryland) and realizing that It had been over thirty years since I "Ate Bertha's Mussels", we stopped in for an early Saturday dinner. We ordered the catch of the day, (swordfish), and the Pelican Shrimp, (shrimp stuffed with jalapeno and wrapped in bacon). The sides were quite good, especially the seafood pasta salad.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Herndon, Virginia
“Great Mussels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I stopped by Bertha's for lunch when passing through Baltimore. We had been there before, but it had been several years. The restaurant appeared to be short staffed and the kitchen slow to produce orders. We were seated for 15 minutes before we ordered and then it took about 30 minutes to get our food. I had the special, spicy mussels, which were done in a spicy coconut milk sauce. Very good. My husband had the fish tacos which were good as well. We were parked at a meter which had one hour on it, so I went to the car before the meter ran out and my husband stayed behind to pay the bill.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hartsgrove USA
“Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We've eaten here many times and we always enjoy our meals and the fun atmosphere. I especially love their seafood and we usually get an order of mussels to share. If you can, request a table downstairs. I like the seating by the front window. This July, we were seated upstairs, which I did not like, as it did not have any of the décor or feel of the main part of the restaurant. It kind of felt like you were stuck sitting at the kids table. I also stopped here one afternoon and ordered cold dill cucumber soup to go, which was really good on a hot Baltimore afternoon. I would highly recommend you try Bertha's at least once!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rosalind C
Montclair, New Jersey
“Timeless”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I'm not positive that you want to get more than and order of mussels and a beer when you go here, but why would you really want to get anything else? It's been there forever and some of the folks at the bar look like they have been sitting there the whole time. Don't forget to get your bumper sticker.

Visited August 2013