“Go for the Mussels & Not Much More!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Bertha's Mussels

Bertha's Mussels
Ranked #89 of 2,007 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Balti
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Shenandoah Valley, VA
“Go for the Mussels & Not Much More!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Husband loves mussels so we ended up at Bertha's for dinner recently. I thought menu was amazing if one likes mussels but forget it otherwise; choices are very limited and mostly served over rice (something else I'm not crazy about). So I chose crab cakes by process of elimination which were excellent. Problem is sides. After rice, there was potato or seafood macaroni salad, both of which were flat out awful. The small pile of squash medley was pretty much shredded and worthless really. Husband thought mussels were good but commented that perhaps the treatment he chose wasn't the best choice. Dining room is dark, dingy, and just not welcoming in any way. Server, however, was full of energy and did her best to make it a memorable meal. For me, it didn't equate and I probably wouldn't return.

• Visited February 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mussels were great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

We dined here with family and friends, total of 8. We were quickly served our drinks. Most of us had the mussels, they were wonderful this night. Everyone enjoyed themselves. Can't wait to go back.

Morristown, New Jersey
“Eating Mussels the Weekend the Ravens beat the Patriots for a trip to the Superbowl”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Was in town for a wedding and my son moved there in the summer. I had never been to Fells Point so my son & I went there for dinner. We had a reservation at 6:30 pm which was honored promptly. We split a dish of Mussels with all the sauces and another dish of Shrimp and Scallops. All the sauces were very interesting to try. Every dish served promptly and the noise level was not loud so we could talk easily. The prices were great and since I had reserved on line I also received a 15% off coupon which I used. I thoroughtly enjoyed the area, the restaurant , the weekend and GO RAVENS!

Fairfax, Virginia
“Musselicous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at this place for over 20 years and the place has never disappointed us. It is in Fells Point which is easy walking distance from the Inner Harbor. We were there for a late lunch on this occassion and sat in the dining room. My experience was further enhanced since they now have Blue Moon (my favorite adult beverage) on tap. We each ordered the mussels in garlic sauce as appetizers. They were fabulous as always. I also had the house salad which was okay.

My wife had crabcakes for the entree and she loved it. I enjoyed the mussels appetizer so much that I ordered the mussels again as my entree. I would have ordered a third mussels if I wasn't so stuffed from the second order. I just wish the mussels appetizer was bigger (about 15 - 20 per order) although the price is semi-reasonable ($13 per order - $13 plus a beer if you sit at the bar). Next time, I will consider cutting down on the bread (to dip into the fabulous garlic sauce).

The decor is on the dumpy side since it is basically a bar with a small dining room, but the service staff and food make this a faboulous eats place especially if you like mussels. Another favorite dish of mine is the paella but the mussels choice won me over on this visit.

• Visited January 2013
“If you love mussels, this is not to be missed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped here while staying in Fells Point. The food, atmosphere, and service were all great! We split the Maryland crab soup and the basil-garlic mussels - both were delicious! If you are in Fells Point at all, this is worth checking out!

• Visited December 2012