Baltimore Tattoo Museum
Ranked #152 of 244 things to do in Baltimore
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This place isn't terribly for quality, etc. but it's certainly not the best. A nose ring that we tried to get here was 50 dollars, I believe, where elsewhere the same thing was 20 or 30. Sure, go once to see the tiny "museum" part, but other than that, this place is just a lot of hype.
Try Read Street tattoo parlor - also a bit pricey, but cheaper than here, and more quality.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have had two friends get tattoos done here and they did a really great job and everyone was super friendly! Also the museum kept me busy while they were getting their ink done

Reviewed September 15, 2012

It has taken me a while to write this review but I am reminded every time I look in the mirror how upset I was with my experience there. During the Christmas season of 2007 my little brother was visiting from Belgium and I had recently returned from Florida for school. We were both Active Duty military and tattoo fans.
I have the "unfortunate" ability to not look like I am heavily tattooed if I am wearing "regular clothes" but have about 1/4-1/3 of my body tattooed including both rib cages, feet, sternum, underboobs, stomach and a half sleeve. For a few years my brother and I have wanted to get our family's initials (a simple J,A,M,N,W) and decided to do so on Christmas Eve. This was to by my Christmas present to him.
We showed up early as we were surprised that they were open (my regular artist was on vacation) and decided that this was as good a time as any to get our tattoos. He wanted inch and half by inch and half letters in Olde English script and I wanted four pink (different color pink) cherry blossoms with an initial in the center with our last name under it on my right upper arm.
To say I was disappointed was the understatement of my tattoo experience. First off I understand it was Christmas Eve. If you didnt want to work, DONT BE OPEN. Secondly I asked numerous times how much would this be so I could go pull cash out from the ATM.
This took FOREVER and we left to get something to eat then returned thinking the sketches would be done, nope and no price was given. Still had to wait over an hour for simple tattoos to be drawn up. Tattoos that ended up costing $250 EACH, yes I could have left but half our day was already wasted so I thought well they are supposed to be good so there must be some extra detail going into it freehand because the sketches were very rudimentary. So basically $50/per letter for my brothers tattoo (excuse was it's on his ribcage and most people can't take that pain and tend to move --- uhh NO. I have both rib cages done from hip bone to arm pit and have sat for 8 hours straight to get work done on them and little did they know he has FULL half leg sleeves from knee to ankle, he can take pain.) and $250 for my tattoo that took less than an hour, had no shading to give it depth and was hit ouside the lines on numerous occaiions and only had two different colors of pink even though I asked for four.
I know that every shop has good and bad aspects but with the way I was treated and the crappy tattoos that we got there and being charged outrageously for subpar work, I will never ever recommend them to anyone nor will I personally go back there for work.

5  Thank pinkiG35
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I've been in many, many tattoo shops. Some more gracious then others - but the general vibe in most shops is...they just don't give a [--]. If you want some ink - get over yourself and understand that. Find the right ARTIST regardless of what shop he/she is currently working at. I've seen Chris Keatons work - AWESOME (calling today for an appt).

Have fun - get inked!!