“Not pleased” 2 of 5 bubbles

Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not pleased”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

It has taken me a while to write this review but I am reminded every time I look in the mirror how upset I was with my experience there. During the Christmas season of 2007 my little brother was visiting from Belgium and I had recently returned from Florida for school. We were both Active Duty military and tattoo fans.
I have the "unfortunate" ability to not look like I am heavily tattooed if I am wearing "regular clothes" but have about 1/4-1/3 of my body tattooed including both rib cages, feet, sternum, underboobs, stomach and a half sleeve. For a few years my brother and I have wanted to get our family's initials (a simple J,A,M,N,W) and decided to do so on Christmas Eve. This was to by my Christmas present to him.
We showed up early as we were surprised that they were open (my regular artist was on vacation) and decided that this was as good a time as any to get our tattoos. He wanted inch and half by inch and half letters in Olde English script and I wanted four pink (different color pink) cherry blossoms with an initial in the center with our last name under it on my right upper arm.
To say I was disappointed was the understatement of my tattoo experience. First off I understand it was Christmas Eve. If you didnt want to work, DONT BE OPEN. Secondly I asked numerous times how much would this be so I could go pull cash out from the ATM.
This took FOREVER and we left to get something to eat then returned thinking the sketches would be done, nope and no price was given. Still had to wait over an hour for simple tattoos to be drawn up. Tattoos that ended up costing $250 EACH, yes I could have left but half our day was already wasted so I thought well they are supposed to be good so there must be some extra detail going into it freehand because the sketches were very rudimentary. So basically $50/per letter for my brothers tattoo (excuse was it's on his ribcage and most people can't take that pain and tend to move --- uhh NO. I have both rib cages done from hip bone to arm pit and have sat for 8 hours straight to get work done on them and little did they know he has FULL half leg sleeves from knee to ankle, he can take pain.) and $250 for my tattoo that took less than an hour, had no shading to give it depth and was hit ouside the lines on numerous occaiions and only had two different colors of pink even though I asked for four.
I know that every shop has good and bad aspects but with the way I was treated and the crappy tattoos that we got there and being charged outrageously for subpar work, I will never ever recommend them to anyone nor will I personally go back there for work.

Visited December 2011
5 Thank pinkiG35

Baltimore
“It's a tattoo shop - what did you expect???”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I've been in many, many tattoo shops. Some more gracious then others - but the general vibe in most shops is...they just don't give a [--]. If you want some ink - get over yourself and understand that. Find the right ARTIST regardless of what shop he/she is currently working at. I've seen Chris Keatons work - AWESOME (calling today for an appt).

Have fun - get inked!!

Visited September 2011
Florida
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Museum?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

Not sure what we expected but the word 'museum' lead us to believe there would be more than what was there. Parking was difficult. The place is very small (2 rooms) with active tattoo studios around the inside. They had some interesting historic pictures and articles but not much more. Everyone was very pleasant. It was OK, just expected more.

Visited June 2011
Cockeysville, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“I love my tat!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2008

I love love LOVE my new tat! Josh did an excellent job :) Every1 was really nice & polite & funny. Made me feel very comfy

DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Confused”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2008

I got my first tattoo here and I have gone back several times. The reviews on this website don't seem to be very accurate, at least not when compared with my experiences. If you are expecting a "museum", you'll be disappointed. However, if you are expecting a tattoo parlor with artists who take pride in their work and are dedicated not to mar your skin, then you will be happy with this place. I recommend Bill Stevenson.

3 Thank mcdsak