“Museum?”

47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Museum?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

Not sure what we expected but the word 'museum' lead us to believe there would be more than what was there. Parking was difficult. The place is very small (2 rooms) with active tattoo studios around the inside. They had some interesting historic pictures and articles but not much more. Everyone was very pleasant. It was OK, just expected more.

Visited June 2011

Cockeysville, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“I love my tat!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2008

I love love LOVE my new tat! Josh did an excellent job :) Every1 was really nice & polite & funny. Made me feel very comfy

DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Confused”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2008

I got my first tattoo here and I have gone back several times. The reviews on this website don't seem to be very accurate, at least not when compared with my experiences. If you are expecting a "museum", you'll be disappointed. However, if you are expecting a tattoo parlor with artists who take pride in their work and are dedicated not to mar your skin, then you will be happy with this place. I recommend Bill Stevenson.

3 Thank mcdsak
Baltimore
“I dont think these people get it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2007

Pretentious, Rude, Condescending? Sure! I've never met a tattoo artist who isn't. They take what they do very seriously. Their ink will be with a customer until they die and that's alot of pressure. Do you realize how popular tattoos have become over the last 15 years? I'd say the body modification business as at least tripled, probably more. I'm sure it sucks to tattoo something that sucks, or is meaningless on someone. I'm guessing that would take the joy out of the job completely. (And as far as pricing goes, if $70 an hour is too rich for your blood, go to dundalk and get a $40 tattoo that will haunt you for the rest of your life.)

If they don't want to cater to tourists, students, or people who want to gawk at freaks, true, they shouldn't claim to be a 'tattoo museum'. But whatever, I've never been treated badly by anyone there. I had my septum pierced three years ago and it was perfectly done (right placement, no bleeding, no 're-tries') and the tattoo I got this year healed wonderfully with no scarring (although ink fell out and a touch-up is needed). Either way, don't hate on this place. They are good dudes.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Open Your Eyes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2005

I am not sure what Tattoo Museum you are going to to but the reviews I have read are not the place I know. I have been having work done there of four plus years. I have work from the flash on the wall to a custom arm piece. All work is very good with very fine detail. As of price you get what you pay for. A clean envirement with single use needles so you dont catch anything costs a little more and is worth it. I spent more then ten years in the navy and have been to tattoo places in the states and over seas and there are very few places I would even consider getting tattooed at. I suggest that you go to some of the other tattoo places in the area first then judge there customer service.