“Less than average dinner cruise” 2 of 5 bubbles

$84.99*
and up
Spirit of Baltimore Dinner Cruise with Buffet
More attraction details
Owner description: Cruise Spirit of Baltimore for a fun mix of dining, dancing, entertainment and views. Cruising year-round from Baltimore's Inner Harbor, Spirit offers lunch, dinner, moonlight and holiday cruises like Father's Day, plus dozens of themed cruises.
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Less than average dinner cruise”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Simply not worth the price. Dinner overpriced. Little chicken wings and ribs with all bone. Who wants to hand suck a tiny bit of chicken and miniscule rib meat covered with sauce off the bone while dressed in nice clothes? Not me. Drinks severely inflated. I could have had more fun spending my $85 walking and eating a better dinner elsewhere.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Cordial1

Baltimore, Maryland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Nice experience but overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We attended a dinner cruise on the Spirit of Baltimore and overall it was nice. We definitely enjoyed the views during the cruise and our waitress Nina was AWESOME!

The food was decent but definitely not worth the $87 price tag for a dinner cruise. The DJ was just mediocre. He suggested you request songs but when we did he advised he had a set play list he had to stick too so that was a bummer.

I would definitely say check it out at least once if you've never been.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank MissMD412
Houston, TX
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“OK dinner cruise - we thought bad entertainment - but you may love it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Summary - We have done dinner cruises with a number of lines, including Spirit, in NY, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, London -- basically everyplace we go where there is one. This cruise is at the bottom of our list for two reasons - one that Spirit can control, one that it can't. Here are the details. This is a buffet cruise, no menu service. Only dessert is served at the table. I prefer menu service, but you just don't have that option everywhere, so no biggie. There are two dining decks. The upper level seemed to be a bit nicer (maybe tables not as closely spaced, maybe just the way the groups were configured, maybe my imagination). But the windows on this boat are high (I think maybe lower on first deck) so that sitting down I had to stretch to see straight out (I am only 5'7, so if you are tall, not an issue). Seemed like the viewing lines were a bit better out of the first deck. Buffet is pretty standard. Salad. Pasta. Carved roast beef and pork loin - typical buffet quality. Two fish dishes - pretty good. Chicken dish - a bit dry, but when is buffet chicken not dry? Good veggies. Small served dessert (two small cake pieces) was OK. Decent wine list. Prices not crazy. Mostly pleasant and caring staff (see below). Great server. DJs on both decks. So here are my negatives. First, there is frankly not that much to see here. No great waterfront views once you are out of the inner harbor. One bridge (we love going under bridges), but it is not a very scenic bridge. So recognize it is mostly going to be cruising without much in the way of sights. That is a negative about which Spirit can do nothing. And then there is the entertainment. Earlier this year we gave great ratings to the Hornblower cruise in San Francisco, in part because the entertainment was so good. That was a mix of live/DJ. And there was a mix of music, fast/slow, newer/older, Latin, soul, dance. You name it, they played it. Here it is DJ only. And that's fine if there is a mix of music. But that is not the way this cruise works. Apparently it is Spirit policy (at least for this ship) to play whatever gets a group up to dance, without regard to any thought that maybe the same 20% of passengers are the only ones dancing. On our cruise, there was a virtually uninterrupted flow of what I would describe as line dancing and "Soul Train" music (the latter not intended in any derogatory sense, but because at one point the DJ said to the group dancing, "let's get the Soul Train thing going"). So if you like that sort of thing, great. If not, it will be a long night (there is generally no place to hide on these ships, and tonight the weather was bad, so outside not an option). We had a long night. So, you might say, "why didn't you ask the DJ to play something else?" Mostly you keep thinking, "surely he will play something different." Well, toward the end of the cruise, I did. I said, how about some 70s music - Otis Redding, Dock of the Bay; Midnight Train to Georgia, Gladys Knight? Those were my specific requests. And here is what he said to me -- that's not really dance music, that's "chillen" music. And I'm not going to play that kind of music now. Yes, he criticized my music choices and said he would not play them. I am not grading down because of that - the grade would have been low because of the music anyway, but it does suggest a particular approach to customer experience that does not encompass an effort at providing a quality experience for all. So because of the lack of scenery, and because of the poor entertainment experience, I cannot rate this as being even an average experience.

Visited September 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“MOST AWESOME TIME EVER (EVERY TIME)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have done this trip a few times over the past few years and it always seems to get better. The staff is awesome, friendly, fun and know how to make you have a great time. It is great for both singles, friends, couples and well as children and families. If you never done it, you need to at least once (so then you will want to go again). Great food, good views, fun time dancing and even have a drink or two while watching the sunset if you go at night). A must do if you are in Baltimore, MD and visiting the harbor.

Visited August 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Terrible Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Thank God I found a Groupon for this cruise. Our server Lattice was horrible. The young lady dressed in a Seadoo uniform attempted to overcharge me, so I had to buy tickets over phone. Food was good. DJ specialized in Latin or Techno like there weren't any other ethnic groups on board. Dawn the 3rd bartender made terrible drinks. The views and weather made cruise a success

Cruises42, Manager at Spirit of Baltimore, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Hello – While we are glad you enjoyed the views and food on your cruise, we apologize that the service and music did not meet your expectations. We take customer feedback seriously and have sent you a private message so we can personally follow up with your concerns.