“always tasty”

Le Bistro du Village Fka Crepe du Jour
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Bistro du Village Fka Crepe du Jour is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #239 of 2,064 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Newburry Ave
Transit: Mount Washington Light Rail Station
Description: Bistrot du Village opened its doors on Beaujolais Nouveau of 2000 by Mustapha Snoussi and Donna Morris-Snoussi as old Name Crêpe Du Jour French Bistro, after 17 years in business in the heart of Historic Mt Washington Village, we decided to change our name, Crêpe Du Jour To Le Bistro Du Village (The Bistro Of The Village) the Truth and Labeling.The motto is French, Fun and Friendly, this is our guideline to bring you the best experience ever at Bistrot Du Village. The word Bistrot is defined in French as a neighborhood restaurant where you can eat good food at a fair price. The typical color of a French Bistrot is pale yellow to brown (otherwise known as Bistre) because the walls used to get dirty quickly from nicotine. Bistrot Du Village is also known for its parties, three times a year to celebrate famous French events such as Bastille day on July 14th, The Beaujolais Nouveau on the third thursday of November or The New Year's Eve. We are open 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Be our guest and discover our typical French dishes, Savory Crêpes tasteful appetizers or Crepes desserts. We are proud to introduce you to a large Wine List including sweet French wine, authentic French cocktails and apéritifs such as Ricard, Campari, Lillet, Suze... The best Champagne List with Moët et Chandon Brut Imperial, Veuve Clicquot, Perrier Jouët... Come visit us and live unforgettable moments in the coolest French Bistrot in Baltimore.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

GF is a crepe fiend. This usually satisfies her cravings. Everything here has always been very very good. The staff gets a little overwhelmed on heavy brunch hours so service suffers slightly, but not nearly enough to keep us from coming back. Awesome portions, fresh ingredients and a cozy atmosphere. Great spot.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Artwork for the eyes and caviar to the palate. Don't be fooled by the name, this is a true French bistros restaurant with a magical chef. Salmon, filet mignonette, duck, cow author vin, boeuf bourgignon deliciously presented and served in heaping portions. Extensive winelist and fast service. Would have loved it if waiter spoke French and was more elegant to match the cuisine. Well done chef!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This wonderful restaurant seated my large party of 15 immediately after we left the Mt. Washington Tavern when we were insulted by their staff. We were so impressed with the friendly staff and the food was absolutely AMAZING! I had their Cote de Beouf and it tasted incredible, while my son had not 1 but 2 of their delicious crepes. Do not be fooled the relatively small size of the restaurant. The atmosphere was warm and friendly. The dessert crepes are insanely delicious. Their staff made my birthday party very memorable. Thank you so much!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Wonderful staff. Delicious food, beautiful presentation, moderately priced. The downfall is traffic/parking. If you are not familiar with the area you may have a tough time finding a place to park.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I love Crepe du Jour. It is like taking a trip to France. The last time I went I had a steak, the time before that, I had Cassoulet, I often get the salad de Crottins de Chavignol, many times the cheeseburger. I always get dessert, usually Crepe Rive Gauche or a Cafe Leigeios. I have eaten in France many times. The food and experience of Crepe du Jour is like having a meal in France. The owner is usually there; he is a skillful restaurateur who has made excellent choices with the menu, wine list, decor, and space; he takes pride in the cuisine. You get cuisine when you eat here! That is why it is ridiculous that other reviewers here talk about dissatisfaction with not being allowed to substitute this for that on the plate. Why would they know better than the chef? When I leave the restaurant, I'm well fed on some of the most delicious French cuisine at at the right price in Baltimore or anywhere.

1  Thank Michael K