“Best Kept Secret”

Cuisines: Seafood
Middle River Maryland, United States
“Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This restaurant meets all of your expectations and more. Never crowded, never a wait and the staff goes out of their way to fill your requests. Excellent prices and specials. The food is consistently excellent. Have ordered many items off the menu and the specials menu and have been pleased with the portions and the taste!

• Visited June 2014

Baltimore, Maryland
“Not impressed”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was not very impressed with Dellis.I think it's gone downhill since the last time I was there( about a year and a half ago ) I had a bowl of Cream of Crab that was barely warm and was served with imitation crab instead of the real thing but was still tasty,I had a small garden salad with the house dressing which was good but was served at the same time as the soup and before I could finish half of the salad the main course was on the table,which was Chicken Marsala.The chicken was very fatty and I had to dispose of almost half of it because of all the fat on it.I also had a side of steamed veggies which were very good . The restaurant is very dark which made reading the menu very difficult.The waitress was very nice but talked so low I had to ask her to repeat everything she said.I've had some very good meals there in the past so I won't give up on this place . I'll try again in the near future and hope things get better.

• Visited January 2014
Harkers Island, North Carolina, United States
“Top notch Maryland Crabcakes”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The crab cakes in this laid-back, unassuming bar and grill just north of Baltimore are some of the best I've ever had, and I've been eating crab cakes for a lot of years. Dellis is an old, neighborhood place that's reminiscent of the old Fells Point area near the Inner Harbor.

It's truly authentic in every way, from the guys hanging out (totally unthreateningly) around the bar, watching some sporting event or other, to the sassy, but friendly and helpful waitresses. It reminded me of the grill/bars I used to eat in when I was younger and growing up in the Pittsburgh area of western Pennsylvania - totally unpretentious setting, real people, great food.

The crab cakes at Dellis are a reminder that it's tough to get a great crab cake anywhere that's not in Maryland, and these are as good as it gets, even in Maryland.

Dellis is easily accessible from the Baltimore Beltway (I-695), Exit 34. If you go there and your waitress's name is Brittany, tell her that you heard from somebody in North Carolina that she was great!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Richard K
Florida - The land that time forgot.
“Sour Beef and Dumplings”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I had the sour beef and dumplings at Dellis', and overall it was pretty good. The serving size was very big, and the dumplings (where a lot of places go wrong) were just right. The sour beef itself was had the sweet-sour ratio down pretty well, but there was not enough ginger flavor for either of us. It came with a sides of red cabbage, and cole slaw. The service was okay. Our waitress was nice, but difficult to understand (the place was a bit noisey), and she had a thick accent on top of it.

• Visited October 2013
North Carolina
“Great food!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This place is nothing to look at but great food!! We had a crab pretzel which was topped with creamy crab dip, lump crabmeat, cheddar, mozzarella and
Muenster cheese, with a hint of Old Bay. Then we had the grilled shrimp on top of a tomato with pesto and goat cheese! Wonderful!

• Visited July 2013