“Bluegrass Tavern is a wonderful venue to host an event.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bluegrass Tavern

Bluegrass Tavern
Ranked #210 of 2,007 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
North Potomac
“Bluegrass Tavern is a wonderful venue to host an event.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Bluegrass Tavern is a wonderful venue to host an event. I don’t live in the Baltimore area, but was fortunate to find Bluegrass online when I needed to host the rehearsal meal prior to my son’s wedding. From my first conversation with Alec, the restaurant’s manager, I had a good feeling based on his accommodating manner and that carried through the whole planning process to the actual event. The chef, Tim Dyson, listened to my desire to satisfy my guests’ tastes, and came up with a lovely and varied menu that included an appetizer reception, 2 courses from which my guests chose their favorites, plus a dessert platter. We had the upper room of this charming neighborhood restaurant that has a full bar and proved to be an intimate and elegant space. The food was delicious, but I must say, the service was just as good. The staff was friendly and attentive and went out of their way to ensure that the day set the tone for all the festivities that would follow. The price was quite reasonable and I will certainly dine there on my return to Baltimore.

• Visited June 2013

New York City, New York
“First time in Balti, good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were on our way from DC to NJ and stopped in Baltimore for dinner. Found these reviews first, and we were very happy with the food and service. Had the Burger, baked mac n cheese, catfish and grits, and salmon salad. All were done perfectly. The service was very attentive, almost to a fault. We got back on the road, happy as can be since we are foodies!

• Visited July 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“unique”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

This restaurant would be a good choice if you are seeking a unique dining menu. The serving staff was excellent. The menu is geared toward the gourmet pallet and not the general Baltimore resident. The cheese appetizer was extremely scant. We purchased a cheese/sausage sampler of 3 selections, and it was bearly enough to taste when we divided it. We selected the safe 'down home' entree's- pulled pork and fried chicken and they were very tasty.

• Visited June 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Farm to Table Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had dinner with my book club here recently and it was a great dining experience. The bartender was knowledgeable about the wines on the list and suggested a great bottle for us to share. The waiter was friendly and gave great descriptions of the entrees. The crunchy brie with peach chutney and mint-pea soup were excellent starters. The entrees were fabulous and full of fresh ingredients. The peanut butter-bacon dessert was a little underwhelming, but the coconut cream pie was awesome. The only downfall is there is no on street parking as everything requires a permit. There is valet parking though. I would definitely dine here again.

• Visited May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“An Excellent Restaurant on Federal Hill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had dinner at this restaurant last night. Dinner was excellent - food, service and atmosphere. All of the dishes were fresh and original - rabbit ravioli, antelope carpaccio, and lamb shortribs. The real surprise dish was a "mushroom toast". Awesome. Really fresh, inventive cuisine served by knowledgeable and caring staff. We were not rushed and topped off the meal with bacon ice cream. Delish. I couldn't agree more with the other reviews here. A real treasure worth the trip to Federal Hill.

• Visited May 2013