“Neighborhood Gem”

Dining style: Casual Dining
raleigh nc
“Neighborhood Gem”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Dined here with a large family group, so we were seated upstairs which was a bit quieter. Our server was very attentive and knowledgeable. He fielded some interesting questions and made some excellent recommendations, especially with regard to the beer and cheese options.
As is often the case I had to sample all of the other plates within reach, but still enjoyed my short ribs the best. Brussel Sprouts have become so trendy I expect to see them at TGIFridays or Applebees any day now were exceptional, and I don't usually care for anything prepared with blue cheese. We were visiting from out of town; if we were local this would be a regular stop on our dining out rounds.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Love this place”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

It's true, they do seem to give 100% every time. We just keep going back. Not the highest end restaurant in town but consistently excellent food and service. It has been a while since I went. I must get back there...

• Visited April 2012
“Fed Hill Treasure!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing! They give you 100% every single time. We live a few blocks away and have made this place our go-to!

Bishopville, Maryland
“Really Delicious”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Had brunch there on Sunday. The tavern, located in Federal Hill, just a few short minutes from the Inner Harbor has a nice atmosphere, casual but upscale at the same time. Service was on time and friendly and the food was creative and delicious.
We look forward to dining there again on our next visit to Baltimore.
The restaurant features house made charcuterie, we had a platter with kielbasa, crawfish terrine, a country pate' and some yummy cheese. It was so good, we ate every bite. They even make their own pickles!
Now for the brunch-I had one of the house specialties-a smoked fried chicken sandwich. It was so flavorful and moist, served with purple potato salad that had tons of flavor, not the tasteless stuff that I have been served in so many other places.
My husband had the duck omlette, it was so good we really enjoyed it. It was served with the best grits I have ever eaten!
Check it out people, you won't be disappointed.

Hunt Valley, Maryland
“Great Find”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Three for dinner. My husband ordered the burger. As a burger specialist (he seems to order burgers wherever we go) he loved it. The other person ordered the fried chicken. She said it was delicious. I ordered the salmon. I enjoyed it. I would have loved to order the homemade cheeses however, I just could not eat that much. I will try them another time.
The waiter was efficient. There was an extra drink added to the bill however, he removed it.
If you are driving to this restaurant, there is valet parking. You will need it in this neighborhood of very few parking places. Cool young atmosphere.