“Fire pit on patio!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kona Grill - Baltimore

Kona Grill - Baltimore
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Grill - Baltimore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 1,999 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Bar, Sushi, Japanese, Asian, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Charles St & Pratt St
Milford, Connecticut
“Fire pit on patio!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Reasonably good food, god service, clean restaurant. Open firepit on heated enclosed patio, nice for drinks and conversation.

• Korean first
Wayne, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

very tasty. hawaiian ribeye was very well seasoned and grilled to perfection. The Sweet & Spicy shrimp appetizer was full of flavor. Chicken pad thai was right on.

CT
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed overnight at the Marriott on Sunday, Dec 16 to see the Broncos game. After the game we didn't want to drive around so we just walked and ended up at the Kona Grill. It was about a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

We were seated right away and the restuarant had a very nice 'vibe' to it. The layout was very open. There is a bar in the center and it had a pretty good crowd,athough the restaurant itself as pretty empty.

My husband wanted steak, but I think there was only one steak on the menu. It was mainly sushi, fish, salads and burgers. Luckily there was a NY Strip special that night and that was what he ordered and he was very happy with it. It came with a veggie and he got sweet potato fries instead of the mash potatoes it came with. There really wasn't alot of fries, but it was just enough. Our waiter suggested the Sea Bass that was on the menu and I tried it. It was excellent!! The dinners do not come with salad; that was extra. I think like $3 or $4. I have to admit I missed the salad, but then my dinner did fill me up enough.

For dessert,we split a piece of carrot cake. Or should I say we split a 'half of a carrot cake'. The slice was HUGE. Enough for 4 people!! It is made fresh there daily. If you like carrot cake, you HAVE to try it. It was probably the best carrot cake we ever had!!! Later on, I really regretted not taking the leftover piece to the hotel with us!!!

Our waiter was very nice, service was good and the place was really nice. I would think on Friday or Saturday night it must get a good crowd. In all, we enjoyed our dinner and we took the long way back to our hotel to walk off the carrot cake!

I would recommend Kona Grill.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, IL
“Excellent food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Food was fantastic, great atmosphere for a date, and was exactly what we were looking for! Service was just ok - waiter brought the wrong dish and wasn't very attentive.

London, United Kingdom
“Late night happy hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stopped by the Kona Grill as it was late and the restaurant was busy. Despite being a chain, it did not feel too impersonal. We sat in the bar, and were happy to find out that happy hour was starting. This made the drinks very cheap, and gave some good options for food. We both settled on the Kona Club sandwich, which was nice and fresh. Our waitress was helpful, but she seemed a little rushed and overworked. This meant we waited to order more drinks, and it all just took a little longer than it should have. She made up for this by comping us one of our rounds of drinks... It was nice she recognized the shortcomings. Overall, this was exactly what we needed, and a cut above most chain restaurants.

• Visited November 2012