“Outstanding Service”

Kona Grill - Baltimore
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Grill - Baltimore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 2,095 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Charles St & Pratt St
Description: Kona Grill was built on Exceptional Experiences and meals that create memories. Our global menu features contemporary American favorites, award-winning sushi, and specialty cocktails — all made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. While the places that inspire our cuisine may be far away, a welcoming place that offers inspiring food, ultimate hospitality, and diverse choices is right around the corner.
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

My hotel recommended Kona Grill as a close and affordable lunch option. The atmosphere was lovely. I previewed a menu upon arrival and while reasonably priced there were lots of tree nuts and peanuts as ingredients ( which are life-threatening allergies for my daughter). I explained the situation to excuse myself politely from being seated and the hostess was extremely accommodating. The manager spoke with me and offered to customize a kid's meal for us using freshly cleaned pans etc. We have been eating out with food allergies for years and have never received such an accommodating response anywhere! Although we ended up passing on the manager's offer and decided to eat elsewhere, I was most grateful for the service and impressed by the staff knowledge about cross-contamination risk with food allergies.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Love the happy hour here! the appetizers were good and the drinks refreshing.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Wow, is inadequate for Kona Grill.

Vegetarian/Vegan friendly menu items BUT tons of other choices as well!

My wife and I had dinner there this evening and were totally blown away with the speed we were seated, the efficiency of the wait staff, the unique and also traditional menu selections.

We "shared" three menu items. (1) The Pot Stickers Appetizer, (2) The Oriental Salad and (3) The Veggie Flatbread. Yum, yum and yum!!!

We left very satisfied in every possible way. WILL return again while we are in Baltimore.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We visited 6/16/2012 during Sailibration in the inner harbor. The resturant is beautiful and just a short walk from the inner harbor. We sat "outside" in the lanai but it doesn't feel like you're on the sidewalk. The hurricane force fans located everywhere were certainly intrusive, the wind from fans shouldn't be noticed like that and nowhere could we get away from it. I saw the manager empty a bottle of white wine for himself in a Togo cup and toast patrons while I sat with no menus, water, cocktail or food. The service was unprofessional and the cocktails were acceptable as was the food. We were there for late night happy hour and it was far from busy on a Saturday evening and having an event like Sailibration. Our server put a friends cocktail on our tab and it took soo long to get the tab we were stuck paying for it, it was as much as 3 of our cocktails which is pretty outrageous. If you want cheap drinks, pretty surroundings and aren't very particular for service this is ok for the Inner Harbor. But for a couple rolls cocktails and sake bombs a hundred bucks I expect better service and sober management .

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I had lunch there this past Tuesday prior to a Seadog speedboat trip at the Baltimore Inner Harbor. It is located just one block from the Harbor which is a short walk. I found the restaurant after I google for a restaurants at the Inner Baltimore. I'm familiar with most of the existing restaurants but wanted to try something new and Kona Grill pops up. I read the menu and it sounds interesting. I particularly like Asian Fusion cuisine and hence, appeals to me. It was not disappointing. We ordered three appetizers, chicken satay, calamari and steamed mussels and they are all delicious. The ambiance and decorations are appealing, from the main door entrance, two large fish tanks to the lighting. I like the outdoor deck/patio furniture and decorations, which is unique and wish that my daughter would be interested to sit outside. Maybe, next time. The portions are large, especially the mussels at $13 and prepared healthily (miso broth, ginger, garlic, basil, green onions...instead of butter...) The only thing I wasn't too happy about was the waitress returned a few minutes after we placed our appetizers prior to the arrival of our food and asked if we are ready to place order for our entrees. I feel that she should use better judgement of their food portion before doing so since we had leftover with three appetizers for two persons (and this is our 1st time there).

Overall, It was a satisfying meal and service was good. We plan to return. There are many items on the menu I would like to try.