“One of our new favorites”

Kona Grill - Baltimore
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Grill - Baltimore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 2,055 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Charles St & Pratt St
Description: Kona Grill was built on Exceptional Experiences and meals that create memories. Our global menu features contemporary American favorites, award-winning sushi, and specialty cocktails — all made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. While the places that inspire our cuisine may be far away, a welcoming place that offers inspiring food, ultimate hospitality, and diverse choices is right around the corner.
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We have been here several times since my first review and the service has greatly improved. I imagine our first experience was just because the restaurant was still new. Their food is great and you can't beat the happy hour specials. Our favorites are the pizzas and the avocado egg rolls. Others in our group sampled several types of sushi and were very pleased. We will continue to come back!

1  Thank eess1225
There are newer reviews for Kona Grill - Baltimore

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I'm a Baltimore local and sorry to see some bad reviews for this restaurant. I had two positive experiences for happy hour so decided to try it out for dinner on a Saturday night with my husband. The restaurant has a romantic ambiance, very nice decor, and choice of indoor or outdoor seating. Our waiter was excellent--friendly and attentive. They have an extensive menu of appetizers, sushi, various noodle dishes and finer entrees. The Chilean sea bass marinated in miso was wonderful. If you enjoy Hawaiian fusion, the prices are much more reasonable than Roy's. Being just off the Harbor, this restaurant seems not to get the attention it deserves. I heard it can get very crowded during the lunch hours when a convention is in town, so can't speak to the service during those times. I recommend giving it a try.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

If you need an interesting meal and don't want to wander far from the convention center, Kona is a good choice.
Menu has enough variety to please everyone, went once for lunch and once for dinner

Reviewed June 26, 2011

This restaurant is one block off the water so it seems to be overlooked by tourists. It is definitely an adult atmosphere and menu. The slides of Hawaii are a bit kitchy, but other than that the place is nicely decorated with dark woods and mood lighting. There are huge patio doors that are opened weather permitting so you feel like you are eating outside but have the benefit of cover. The service was excellent. There are many nice wines by the glass and the pours are generous. We shared at 13 piece sushi sampler ($22) that was fantastic. This plus a house salad was enough for a meal. The other menu items looked equally fresh and delicious. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

My friend and I had lunch at Kona Grill for the first time. We shared avocado egg rolls, and macadamia nut chicken served with garlic mashed potatoes and haricots verts. The entree was enough for two. Our waiter was very busy and tried his best during a busy lunch service. I will be going back next week and want to try more menu items. I didn't get the previous reviewer complaining about not enough fish in the tank. Are you going there to eat or stare at the fish tank?!