“Great Staff & Room”
Review of Envy Hotel

Envy Hotel
Ranked #56 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The staff were wonderful. They were extremely helpful and kind. The elevator did not have an inspection sheet present, which was alarming and made me not want to use it (but I did!). Despite being next to a bus stop, I experienced no problems from those waiting outside the doors.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Arianna H
There are newer reviews for Envy Hotel

Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband was having eye surgery at Johns Hopkins at 7am. The operation went much quicker than we thought and we were here in Baltimore in the pouring down rain with no where to go until check in time. We decided to take a chance and headed to the Hotel to see if they had a place we could wait. The very friendly receptionist, Kimberly, was kind enough to locate us a room we could check into immediately. It had a nice king size bed and was very clean but chilly. We turned up the thermostat and took a much needed nap. Upon waking the sun had come out and we walked a short 4 blocks to Inner Harbor and enjoyed the shops and lunch. Upon returning to the room, it had still not warmed up above 65 degrees. I called the desk and another very friendly receptionist, DJ, moved up to another room. The new room was smaller but so much warmer and equipped with a new heating unit which we could regulate. A Subway was a block away so we enjoyed our dinner watching the Olympics on the nice flat screen tv. Up early to leave for my husband's post op appointment, we were thrilled to find the breakfast bar open at 6:30 complete with real eggs and sausage, waffles, an assortment of fruit and yogurts and the standard cereals (and of course juice, coffee and tea) It was delicious and the gal tending it was friendly and attentive as well. I also understand they have a fitness room available but we did not have time to visit.Overall, it was a very pleasant experience especially for an inner city hotel and could not have wanted better service from the employees. If I need to stay in Baltimore overnight again, I would surely book a room here. Price was also one of the best to be found for sure.

Room Tip: rooms not facing Fayette St are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Booked hotel and then read reviews. I was extremely apprehensive to stay at this hotel but it wasn't nearly as bad as the reviews lead me to believe. The receptionists were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was quite small but not a big deal. The room was very clean and it was cleaned daily. There was a funky smell in the elevator. I never ate the breakfast so I can't comment. As far as being on a "seedy" street, it didn't seem any different than any other street. It merely had persons waiting for a bus at the bus stop in front of the hotel. The rats in the alley was true but I am sure they can be found all over the city. It was a bit entertaining looking at them at night. I would stay again.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I had read the other reviews online and must admit that I was skeptical about what I would find when we got there. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. Yes, it is in the city, but it was not in a horrible area as some have stated. Maybe it's because I am used to what Baltimore and other large cities are really like. Yes, you are going to run into homeless people and bums and the like, but rarely will they actually go out of their way to bother you. I read online that the hotel charges $20 to park so I didn't even bother with that, I found a parking garage just around the corner (5-7 min walk max) that charges $6/night ($12 on Friday nights)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Except for the constant gathering of people at the bus stop in front of the hotel, my two night business stay was pretty good. The desk staff was awesome and the housekeeping staff was polite and non-intrusive.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The hotel is in walking distance to the conference center and the harbor (10 min). My room was tidy, the bathroom very clean. The bed was very good, isolation against noise from the corridor was good. The complimentary breakfast is o.k., not more. The staff is very friendly. I would chose the hotel again

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The room was small but adequate; there was no desk if I wanted to work. The window looked out on a small enclosed rooftop area, but the it was quiet at night. The room could have been cleaned better as it was somewhat dusty, and lacked a refrigerator, which I was told it would have. But at half the price of the conference hotels (and perhaps a third of their regular rates), I would say this was a good inexpensive alternative. The hotel is six blocks from the convention center, so be prepared to walk. Some have complained about the area, but I didn't think it was bad. There is a bus stop in front of the hotel, so there are always people in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business