“Great room and staff - location not my favorite”
Review of Envy Hotel

Envy Hotel
Ranked #56 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The room was lovely and very clean - the bed ultra comfortable. The staff was most helpful, professional yet friendly. We enjoyed our stay. The only drawback was that our flight was delayed and we arrived very late. The location is inner city, a couple of blocks from the Convention Center. The entrance was much smaller than average - just a small doorway. Parking is public, so you have to park and then walk about a block back to the room. Like any large city, it can be a little spooky after midnight. But the staff kept our luggage while we parked and walked back. They delivered the bags directly to our room, so when we got back we were grateful to not have to carry them up. The daytime felt much more friendly around the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gina K
There are newer reviews for Envy Hotel

Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you wish, they keep your luggage even after you checkout for no extra fee. They keep it in the smallest of closets, though, amidst brooms and vacuum cleaners.

They change your towels daily, but sometimes you find your bed almost as you left it in the morning, barely made.. Plus, they don't vacuum every day. Actually, they never do. First time I stepped into my room, there were dustbunnies in a corner - they were still there when I left four days later.. I've definitely slept in both better and worse hotels, but at least the price is proportioned to the services offered.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank guidocorona
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Initially, I thought the location was great, a few blocks from the Harbor and the Raven Stadium. However, the quality here is lacking. The "continental" breakfast was awful, stale and packaged baked goods. I had a room without telephone service, The walls are paper thin if you unfortunately have a loud neighbor. The second room I tried, the television did not work. I checked out several days earlier quite dissatisfied but I must say I was refunded half the charges which I did not expect so I hope they do a better job ....they really could do so much better

Room Tip: Choose another hotel....I went to the Tremont instead.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TreadShornCanvas
Reviewed March 5, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The bathroom door very hard to lock & doesn't stay shut on it's own. It is an old entry door with peephole and card slot. Elevator smelled of garbage. Room was extremely cramped and we listened to the tv from another room all night through the walls. Qianti at the front desk was most helpful, very welcoming & a fantastic asset to the hotel!! For business I would stay again due to the low rates but would never stay here for a family trip.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tammy P
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Just stayed here the other night and our stay was less than perfect. Our room was so dimly lit that I found it difficult to get ready to go out. None of the furniture or appliances match. The bathroom door was an old room door. There were random metal screws on the floor. The room and sheets reeked of cigarettes. However, I was scared to open the window since there was a creepy landing right outside. The door to the hotel is by the bus stop with some interesting characters standing outside. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends