“Beautiful spot to enjoy great food on a sunny day in Baltimore!”
Review of Mr. Rain's Fun House - CLOSED

Mr. Rain's Fun House
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Federal Hill
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My son and I both love Mr. Rain's Fun House. The eclectic decor is a favorite for us both and the food is always delicious. No visit to the American Visionary Art Museum on a nice day is complete for us until we've had a bite to eat and shared a scrumptious dessert out on the patio.

Wonderful views of Federal Hill Park, the moving Vollis Simpson sculpture and the Harbor are matched by delicious, seasonal food. On a recent visit my son and I split the Baked Alaska. It was so good that we each could have had our own. The staff is always friendly and willing to accommodate my occasionally rambunctious offspring.

This is also a great spot for drinks in the evening and would provide a romantic setting for an intimate date. Their Pimm's Cup is one of my favorite warm-weather cocktails!

There are newer reviews for Mr. Rain's Fun House

Reviewed May 3, 2012

My husband and I leared about this place by watching a show called Drinking Made Easy. We decided to give it a try when we were in Baltimore. What a great place. Excellent service and staff. The bar is more like a science project than a 'bar'. Watch, learn and partake. If you like unusual food and drink, this is a great place for you!

Reviewed April 6, 2012

great service, but you'd hope so considering when we sat there was 1 other table of 2 guest just having drinks haha. All kidding aside, very nice and knowledgeable server.

we started with 2 of their great cocktails. I had the Italiano a Parigi (Hayman’s Old Tom Gin, Dimmi Liquore di Milano, Dolin White Vermouth de Chambéry, Barcode Lavender Bitters), while my wife had Eve's Habit (Oro Azul Tequila Blanco, Lillet Blanc, Cucumber, Cilantro, Champagne Vinegar, Angostura Bitters). Both were great. My parents went simple, a campari and soda and a glass of cava.

before the starters, the bread came out..delicious and warm pretzel rolls with a proper sweet and spicy mustard for dipping. some crunch on the outside and doughy on the inside, perfect.

for the table we ordered 6 oysters. they were tasty, but room temperature. I prefer shellfish on the half shell cool or cold. the bloody mary sauce was a great touch

for the meal, my parents weren't hungry so they split 6 more oysters and the crab tartare, which was a very nice generous and delicious portion.

My woman had the trout with potatoes, which she enjoyed overal. The potatoes were a bit oily though

I had the east African chicken with brussell sprouts and barley. Chicken was well seasoned, but was on the cusp of dry. Not that you'd send it back, but it was not very moist. The barley was flavorless and I didn't touch it. save for a bite. The sprouts were very good.

Love the decor! Always things to point out and talk about with yoru fellow diners. Will be back, and not just bc it is blocks from my house!

Reviewed March 17, 2012

We had read that the Visionary Art Museum had a great cafe, but then when we looked at their website, it was hard to find out any info about it. So we were thrilled to discover that the cafe was not only open for lunch, but also was quite an interesting space, with the same funky style that the museum features.

We enjoyed the food, which varied from dependable but pedestrian like chef's salad and pulled pork sandwich to scrumptious and creative like a crab mango tartare and beet salad with a flan made from St. Andre cheese. Drinks were also eclectic - sangria made with orange liqueur and bombay gin.

I didn't find the prices high - with drinks and all, it was about $100 for four people - not unreasonable to me, but then again, I live in New York City.

My advice is, don't miss this restaurant or the museum it is in! They are both worth a special trip!

1  Thank Charming_Karl
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Take your sweetie and go. Pricey, but worth it.