“bad service, poor food, rude all around”
Review of Max's Taphouse

Max's Taphouse
Ranked #52 of 2,075 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Native American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Stocks nearly 200 beers on tap
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I ordered the mussels. several were unopened on my plate when I finished. I asked that they re-heat them so they open. I was told that they come to the restaurant pre-cooked and that they are only reheated when served. they told me that I shouldn;t eat the mussels that don't open (about 1/3 of the 2lb portion). whaaaaaat?

Then, I am calmly drinking my beer. the bar tender snatches it from under my nose saying that it is the law... no further explanation. I say, fine, I want my money back... he walks in the other direction.... whaaaaaa?

1  Thank jmehner

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Beertenders are the best here! They know what you should try without it being a snooty experience. Crab pretzels...enough said! Thanks again for another great time!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We visit Max's every time we go to Baltimore. The bartenders are awesome. They are always friendly and a good time. The beer selection can not be beat... over 100 beers on tap! We have eaten here and have been happy with the food!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I should know, I'm from Brussels. 100 beers on tap, 200 in bottles, mad house party the whole week-end, and pretty good food too, we had a blast. 4 little sampler drinks from tap were $14, or you could get a glass or a bottle depending on what you wanted to try. They'll do it again next, word to the wise.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Title says it all. great beer menu, 100+ beers. fantastic special events. belgium beer fest coming up in mid February.

Been to Max's Taphouse? Share your experiences!