“Best crabcake I have ever had, including my own!”
Review of Koco's Pub

Koco's Pub
Ranked #19 of 2,089 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Born and raised in Bmore. Eaten pleanty of crabcakes in my lifetime. Koco's crabcake is by far my favorite. They are huge and filled with jumbo lumps of crabmeat. Love the coleslaw and the fries too. I learned thatThursday's are the best day to go but I wont say why. You will have to go see for yourself. Love the owner, the food, but not the prices.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went to Koko's again last night as we have these "Crab Cake Attacks" every six weeks or so. The place was packed but when these urges hit you must "feed the beast"....everyone at the table agreed that these softballs get bigger and better each time we visit. The 1/2 hour drive....well worth it. We'll be back when we need another "fix".

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I went on Saturday September 22, 2012 and I am writing this review on Tuesday the 25th and I am still thinking about the food.
Small bar in Hamilton/Lauraville section of Baltimore. You can't miss it, it is a bright yellow end of row building. Parking is tight, but find a spot cause the food is worth it.
We were greeted with a warm smile when we entered and quickly showed to our table (it is a good idea to make reservations, there isn't a ton of tables). Our waitress was awesome and very friendly.
I had never been there before, so I had no idea of what to expect, but it was my kind of place. Food comes out in baskets and paper plates, but you use real silverware. Easy clean-up. But they certainly don't cut any corners on the food. I love G&M crabs cakes, I always thought they were the best, but I was wrong. WOW! WOW! I really am at a loss of words to describe the crab cake WOW!. The steamed shrimp was great (it came out deveined), the beer was ice cold, the onion rings were delicious. I really had a wonderful experience all the way around. I will go back, you can count on that.
This is a bar, so there is seating at the bar top as well. Several TVs for those of you that say that is a must. OH! lets not forget the kids, there is a tons of toys in a section of the bar where kids can play (since it is considered a restaurant too), this area is out in the open, right there in the restaurant, so you will always have an eye on the children.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

The crab cake at Koco's is the best -- and undoubtedly the biggest -- in this city that prides itself on crab cakes. Not inexpensive -- the platter that includes fries and cole slaw is about $25. Four platters, 2 beers and 2 Cokes came to $116 and no one walked away hungry or dissatisfied. Friendly atmosphere -- neighborhood pub, sports bar, etc. Service was also excellent.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

July 23rd '12: I just left the opening day celebration for the USATF Junior Olympics held at Maryland Universary (MSU). Not being familiar with Balitimore, MD I went online to look up a highly rated crab place for dinner. Koco's Pub came up and was also close by (5 min drive).

Parking was tight; just park directly across the street at the bank. I sat at the bar ordered a yuengling and the jumbo crab platter w/fries and cold slaw.

It only took 6 minutes to arrive. While eyeballing the largest crab cake I've ever encountered I started on the fries which were average at best.  The cold slaw came in that little clear plastic container with the lid, tasted like your standard assembly line cold slaw. The crab cake was the size of a McDonalds quarter pounder and was delicious. How good? So good that after three fork full I order another platter to Go!

Koco's crab cakes are the "best I ever had, best I ever had..." (In my Drake voice)