“Nice surprise!”

Marie Louise Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Marie Louise Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #145 of 2,073 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: French, Central European, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mount Vernon
Cross street: Read Street
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Had planned to have lunch at Petit Louis, but learned they did not serve lunch on Saturdays, so found Marie Louise. Love the neighborhood and environment. And it looked like others did too because the diners were mixed between families with children, couples, friends, etc. We had a nice lunch and split a delicious tart with fresh figs. The pace was leisurely and the service good. Definitely worth a return visit.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've been to Marie Louise Bistro only for the dessert. Haven't tried the food yet, but the brunch menu looked promising.

We stopped by here after dinner for some wine and sweet treats. This place has an assortment of cakes and pies, as well as a small selection of gelato. The chocolate mousse and the tiramisu were excellent. The fiancee wasn't a big fan of the Chardonnay, but oh wells.

So dessert was good, right? Why the 3 out of 5? Service was not inviting at all and our server was more than snappy at us. Maybe it was because we wanted dessert 30 minutes before closing...

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Maryland style eggs Benedict was good although one of the eggs was a bit over cooked. The coffee was excellent and the chocolate coconut macaroon was delicious. My friends raspberry tart was divine.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We came here for breakfast/brunch (weekend morning around 10 am) for our young child. The restaurant was empty - but there were a few adults with laptops in the front of the cafe quietly reading, and sipping coffee. There may have been another group upstairs.

We were seated in the back of the restaurant, out of sight. The waiter came maybe 15 minutes later to ask for our beverage order. Few minutes goes by again, no one. Finally, we receive water. Then another trip for our food order.

The meal was fine, but for the price maybe not entirely worth the value. Mushroom omelette tested like water - cheese was hardly there so it tasted salt-free.

All in all, we would come back perhaps for an evening meal - since nothing can be judged by just one experience.

1  Thank Pannipannini
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I ate in your restaurant last night and I experienced the worst service that I can ever imagine. I walked in at around 530. There were about five servers standing around. I asked to be seated and they all looked at me in disarray and said you can sit anywhere since we aren’t busy. All of them looked at me and said who is going to take that table. As a customer I felt like I was being racially profiled. One female server told me that Ben was going to be my server and walked off. I didn’t see Ben for another 15 min and I am the one that grabbed him to take my drink order. He was unfriendly and had attitude. Ten min later my drinks are not at my table and Eric noticed I was frustrated. He came to the table and asked if me and my other party needed anything. I requested a new server and he took my table. I asked to speak to a manager and they informed me that there wasn’t a manager available. The server informed me the reason that they didn’t know who was going to take my table is because the seating chart wasn’t done. The food wasn’t impressive and the service was horrible. I asked to be called back by a manager last night and I never received a call back. After I left your restaurant I went out for drinks with a few coworkers and they informed me of the same kind of experience. This was my first time at your restaurant and the last. Paying 60.00 for food and drinks for the service I received was a waste of money. I will tell everyone I know about this experience because I’ve never been treated this way. I have had better service at McDonalds. I went online and noticed the reviews of your restaurant and there are many others that have had the same experience. If this is the service that you give to the community then people will quit coming to your restaurant.

1  Thank bjjr19