Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Envy Hotel(Baltimore)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjohns hopkinslucy bostonhomeless peopleshuttle servicewalk in showerthe breakfast areaafter darkparking feeminute walkwaffle makerwithin walking distancefree shuttlethe general managerfront desk staffyogurtfree breakfastclean hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We were in Baltimore for a couple of days and wanted to be within walking distance from the Inner Harbor area. We were looking for a room rate of about $100 per night and found that this Sleep Inn came in about that price.

The hotel is located on a main road that runs along the edge of the Inner Harbor area. We had a room at the front and heard no traffic noise. The area is OK, not pretty, but if you have street smarts you should have no problems. The Circulator bus runs right outside and we also appreciated being only a block from the Shot Tower Metro, which we used to get to the airport.

What we liked most about Sleep Inn was the excellent condition of our room. The fittings, especially in the bathroom, and mattress and bedding were top-quality. We had a very spacious desk, which would be great for business travellers. In addition, the hotel was very clean throughout.

The breakfast was also good, and included eggs, sausage patties and yoghurt. Debbie does a great job keeping that area stocked up and clean.

I have only two suggestions – the front desk knew little about public transport in the city and should study this a little more and have bus/train maps to hand. Secondly, a number of the doors were heavy work opening and it appears the automatic closing arms need adjusting.

Overall, Sleep Inn is a very well-run, clean hotel offering good rates in an OK area within walking distance of the Inner Harbour area. It is no coincidence that it stands high in the TA rankings.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank londoner_in_yucatan
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and I will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I made reservations based on the great reviews and I was not disappointed. I was in town as a Johns Hopkins patient, staying for a couple of nights. Due to procedures being done, a shuttle service was important as was proximity to restaurants.

Courtney took my reservation on the phone. She was courteous and went out of her way to help me secure the shuttle transfer to Johns Hopkins. Typically the shuttle runs every hour, on the hour starting at 7am, but I needed an earlier shuttle as my arrival time was 6:45am. Courtney made a call then called me back to confirm they could oblige the earlier time. The shuttle service charged $10 for the off-hour request, but Sleep Inn was able to adjust their nightly parking fee to make up for this. Parking is in an adjacent lot and $15/night.

Courtney checked us in upon arrival. She was awesome! She was kind, upbeat, accommodating, informative and patient with all of my questions. She was also working the afternoon after my appointment. Having had a long day, I wasn't up for walking too far for dinner, but didn't want to stay in my room all afternoon. She gave us plenty of options for sightseeing, dinner, shuttles to restaurants, delivery options, etc. Ultimately we headed out to Little Italy, which was about a 10 minute walk down Presidents Street. While you're still in the city and need to be aware of your surroundings, it was a safe walk for two young females.

We stayed on the 2nd floor in a suite. It was quiet and comfortable; just as I expected from the pictures and reviews. The continental breakfast was typical and Debi was very kind. She checked on everyone to make sure everything was as we needed. The waffles were wonderful!!

Didn't have anything happen to report as negative. I'll definitely return and with the close proximity to Johns Hopkins, port discovery, the inner harbor, etc., I'll be back! It's a great location with great staff!

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank 110BethB
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you so much for leaving such a wonderful and detailed review of your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with Courtney and the rest of my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We understand that when visiting for hospital reasons that it can be a stressful time for our guests, so our aim is to do everything possible to create a comfortable stay with us. This is one of the reasons we understand that offering our free shuttle service to/from the hospital is important. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If there is anything I can do to help with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Sleep Inn is within 15 mins walking to Inner Harbour. Location is a bit isolated, but there is holiday Inn next door. We felt safe, but kept our wits about us.
Hotel itself was great. Good sized room, good bed and bathroom and quiet.
Bonus was in house laundry. Just the one night, but should be good for longer stay.
We went on the Orange free chicle route bus to see the city. NOT recommended. Lots of homeless and threatening people seem to make this bus their preferred mode of transport. We spent a very unpleasant hour on board before we could get off. This was where we got on at the Inner Harbour. I think we should have have done more research on Baltimore.

Room Tip: Recommended .Be aware of your surroundings.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BobfromWA
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. Thank you for mentioning our laundry facilities, some of our guests unexpectedly have to extend their stays and so being able to wash their clothes is a big help. I am saddened to read of your unpleasant experience on the Charm Circulator bus, I will definitely pass on your feedback about this matter to the appropriate people. Thank you for your business, and I hope you choose to stay with us on your next visit to Baltimore.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed here for one night last year. the rooms are very cool, it is a converted factory, the ceilings are HIGH! Our room was on the first floor, staying at this hotel is a cool experience. We did have to park on the street, minor annoyance. Great location to walk to the harbor and visit the national aquarium.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us. I am very happy to read you had a pleasant stay, and I look forward to welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance with future trips to Baltimore.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed at the Sleep Inn while I attended a conference at the Convention Center. It is within a comfortable walking distance (10 blocks or so). We arrived too early for check in, but the desk manager, Kimberly, was extremely helpful and gave us a room that had just become cleaned and available. She was so welcoming and helpful about all the services that we felt right at home. This Sleep Inn is unusual in that it is in a renovated warehouse in keeping with Baltimore's attempt to maintain and re-imagine the old buildings of the downtown area. The halls are decorated while still keeping the feel of the original building. Our room was very comfortable, nice view, good bed, flat screen TV, internet, nice bathroom and good breakfast. Altogether a good choice for us.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor may have good views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank KLK-NY
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with Kimberly and the rest of my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. I am so glad to read that you enjoyed the décor of the hotel. The building has a lot of history, and is always a good story to tell! We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town. If there is anything I can do to be of any assistance with future trips to Baltimore, please do not hesitate to contact me.