Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor
Ranked #15 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Sleep Inn is within 15 mins walking to Inner Harbour. Location is a bit isolated, but there is holiday Inn next door. We felt safe, but kept our wits about us.
Hotel itself was great. Good sized room, good bed and bathroom and quiet.
Bonus was in house laundry. Just the one night, but should be good for longer stay.
We went on the Orange free chicle route bus to see the city. NOT recommended. Lots of homeless and threatening people seem to make this bus their preferred mode of transport. We spent a very unpleasant hour on board before we could get off. This was where we got on at the Inner Harbour. I think we should have have done more research on Baltimore.

Room Tip: Recommended .Be aware of your surroundings.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BobfromWA
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. Thank you for mentioning our laundry facilities, some of our guests unexpectedly have to extend their stays and so being able to wash their clothes is a big help. I am saddened to read of your unpleasant experience on the Charm Circulator bus, I will definitely pass on your feedback about this matter to the appropriate people. Thank you for your business, and I hope you choose to stay with us on your next visit to Baltimore.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed here for one night last year. the rooms are very cool, it is a converted factory, the ceilings are HIGH! Our room was on the first floor, staying at this hotel is a cool experience. We did have to park on the street, minor annoyance. Great location to walk to the harbor and visit the national aquarium.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing on Trip Advisor about your recent stay with us. I am very happy to read you had a pleasant stay, and I look forward to welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance with future trips to Baltimore.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We stayed at the Sleep Inn while I attended a conference at the Convention Center. It is within a comfortable walking distance (10 blocks or so). We arrived too early for check in, but the desk manager, Kimberly, was extremely helpful and gave us a room that had just become cleaned and available. She was so welcoming and helpful about all the services that we felt right at home. This Sleep Inn is unusual in that it is in a renovated warehouse in keeping with Baltimore's attempt to maintain and re-imagine the old buildings of the downtown area. The halls are decorated while still keeping the feel of the original building. Our room was very comfortable, nice view, good bed, flat screen TV, internet, nice bathroom and good breakfast. Altogether a good choice for us.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor may have good views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank KLK-NY
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with Kimberly and the rest of my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. I am so glad to read that you enjoyed the décor of the hotel. The building has a lot of history, and is always a good story to tell! We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town. If there is anything I can do to be of any assistance with future trips to Baltimore, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I generally don't book at Sleep Inns, but this hotel had so many good reviews--and now I'll add my own.

The building is a century-old warehouse that's been repurposed as a hotel; the concrete walls in the hallways maintain the historic vibe yet the hotel has a clean, modern feel. The lobby was bustling when arrived, and we had just missed a wine & cheese "happy hour" gathering. The friendly staff had everything ready for us on arrival--much appreciated by my travel party, especially after a long travel day.

An overnight package had arrived for me, and the staff already had the package waiting for me in my room--very nice touch, considering most hotels make us ask for waiting packages.

The rooms are spacious and have comfortable lighting. The nightstand lamps on each side of the have a power outlet--excellent for those of us who charge our phones night. Walls are thin, though, as I could easily hear my neighbor's TV and conversations. Bed is relatively comfortable but sheets are cheap & scratchy.

Bathroom has excellent lighting. Toilet paper is soft (yay!). Shower is large; water pressure is OK. The hot water stayed hot for the duration of the shower. Great, quiet steam intake system that left very little steam in the bathroom after showering--mirror was fairly clear. Towels are cheap and thin; I could see my hand through the sheer washcloth.

Free WiFi is painfully slow at night but workable in the daytime. I wish all hotels would take care to have speedy connections for their customers at all hours, especially since some actually have work to do.

Parking in hotel's small, secure open air lot is $15--a reasonable price for downtown.

They have a guest laundry room, which is great; only one washer & dryer but we were the only ones using it. No change machine, though, and reception had limited quarters, so you may have to hit the vending machines just for the change.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank RoadWrangler
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and I will share it with our team. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

A nice hotel. So friendly for all hotel staff. Very close to Subway train station about 3 minutes by walk distance. Free of good taste of breakfast & Happy Hour & Hi speed of WiFi. With a free shuttle to Johns Hopins

Room Tip: Rooms cleanliness and and order and big.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your review about your recent stay with us, I really appreciate the time taken to do so. You have mentioned many of the great features of our hotel including our free wifi, close proximity to public transportation, free breakfast and free hotel shuttle for our Johns Hopkins guests, and also not forgetting our friendly staff! Thank you again, and if there is anything I can do to help with future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed here overnight to attend a concert. We had a king size bed that was very comfortable and the room and bathroom were very clean. Breakfast the next morning was typical of most continental ones, but the lady who was refilling supplies went the extra mile and made waffles for those who wanted them and even helped out a small child by giving him a less spill-able cup for his juice. Parking was tight, but that was the only drawback.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. I am happy that you found our rooms to be comfortable and very clean. We have many guests that stay with us when visiting Baltimore to attend a concert, as we are within walking distance to all the major venues, including Rams Head Live!, Pier Six and Baltimore Soundstage. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Baltimore. If I can be of any assistance with your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I came here with 40 high school students on a field trip and the entire experience was great. The staff was very accomodating of our needs, they met us as soon as we pulled up and had all keys organized and waiting for us. They also opened breakfast early for us so we could get on with our scheduled activities. The lady serving breakfast that morning was incredibly efficient and didn't stop moving. The rooms were large and the bed was very comfortable. My only complaint is that the walls don't seem to be insulated very well because it was easy to hear what was going on next door.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for allowing us to host your school group, it was a pleasure doing so! I hope everyone enjoyed visiting all that Baltimore has to offer! If you have any future group reservations needs, please reach out to my Sales Manager, Tyler or myself and we will be happy to help out in any way we can. Again, thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor.