“OK for one night...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Mt Holly Springs, PA
“OK for one night...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on 1/21/14 because of a snow storm. We were at John Hopkins all day and arrived around 5:00 pm. We could smell smoke in the hallways - we did have a non-smoking room and it did not smell too bad. The room was average - it was clean - although they had really strange pillows - I guess the European style - square - kind of awkward. My one complaint is that the hotel is really, really noisy. We could hear the people beside us (at 4:00 am) speaking and honestly it sounded like they were in our room - we could hear every word - also people walking in the hall were very loud. Also, anytime anyone flushes a toilet or runs water - there is a lot of noise. I would not come here for a vacation or weekend get-away - it's not that comfortable, but for one night for business or in a jam, it's OK. The was breakfast OK - coffee, muffins, etc. For the Johns Hopkins rate - it was acceptable, but I would not pay full price to stay here. Maybe a suite would have made the stay better.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your experience and would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you had. Please let me assure you that our entire hotel is 100% non-smoking. Any guests that are found smoking are penalized, and we prioritize treating rooms where smoke has been detected. We take all guests comments very seriously and continuously try to improve our guests stays. We want all of our guests to have a relaxing and enjoyable experience. I hope that you will give our hotel a second chance on any return vists to Baltimore. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact me personally.

lucy@sleepinnbaltimore.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Carlisle,Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have another review of this property and since it was such a good experience my wife and I decided to come back. I am so glad we did. The personnel are still the stars of the show. The front desk man (Chris) was personable,efficient,and extremely helpful.
Since watching Hotel Impossible I also did a mini Anthony Melchiorri and found the room extremely clean and comfortable

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for deciding to return to our hotel on your recent trip to Baltimore. We value your business and are grateful to you for choosing us as your home away from home. We take pride in our customer service and work hard to make sure we are able to accommodate and satisfy all our guests needs. I have applauded Chris for his dedication to the front desk and am glad you were impressed by him. Our housekeeping staff does a great job at making sure all of our rooms are pristine and relaxing, and I am happy that you were able to recognize their work. I appreciate that you took time to write such a positive review on Trip Advisor. I hope to see you again on any future trips to Baltimore. If there is anything I can do to make your stay even better, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We arrived on Tuesday Jan. 7th. We loved the location and 99% of the staff. Rooms very clean. You could smell freshness in the air. The bed and pillows I still dream about today. How very nice & cozy they are. We even extended our stay one day. Friday into Sat. Same price as we had locked in @ only $79.00 a night. Cheepest daily parking rate in all of the city just $15.00 a day. Wed breakfast was pleasant, the Lady running the kitchen was kind, helpful & very polite. Thurs. Morning however made me leave a msg for mngmnt upon our departure Sat.

Sat. I saw the very nice Lady was back. Said she was so sorry and that other Lady only works two days a week. Gave me the name of the person to leave my complaint with @ the front desk. Again very apologetic for someone elses rudness and was helpful & kindhearted. A real hospitality professional.

Unlike the (forgive the expression for lack of better words 'Breakfast Nazi' ) With the likability factor of the 'Soup Nazi' from a Seinfeld episode.

This Lady Thursday, was dismissive, rude and startled me enough to cause my anxiety to spike. I was treated like an innconvieance because I arrived 5-min before the 930am cut off time. For just a bagel, crm cheese & coffee. I had my book was going to sit in a window seat; felt so uncomfortable (chair being put up in front of me on a table) It was like she was telling me to leave. So I did. Back to my room to eat my food & try not to disturb my partner who wanted to "Sleep-In".

Hours later @11am we leave to notice, that was the only chair put up on a table. Solidified my point to my new fiance`. The next morning, we went down together because I felt so intimidated by her, I wouldn't go down alone. Had anxiety about it.

I certainly hope this lady has found a new job, by the time I return to Baltimore again, because (hospitality) she is not. We simply Loved the hotel & all the other staff like I said 99% A+ rating. One bad apple, that's unfortunate gets 4 out of 5.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank You for choosing to stay at our hotel during your recent trip to Baltimore, and for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize that your breakfast experience was anything less than enjoyable. It is the goal of our hotel staff to make sure all of our guests have nothing but a perfect, relaxing experience and anything less than that is completely unacceptable. I have addressed this issue with the specific breakfast attendant and you can be sure that this problem will not happen again. Even with this unfortunate issue, I am glad that you were able to have such positive thoughts of the rest of the hotel and your stay. I really appreciate you highlighting what you did enjoy because our guests reviews and comments are taken very seriously. We are here to make you happy! We look forward to seeing you on any future visits to Baltimore. If there is anything I can do for you, or if you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

My wife and recently stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor so we could take advantage of their park and cruise package. Beware that any nights you stay at the hotel that you are not cruising are subject to a $15 per night parking fee that is not obviously disclosed until after you've booked. However, the price to stay in the hotel for one night, park my car for the week I was cruising, and get transportation to the Port beat any other price I could find. The hotel provided a great place to stay and resolved our only complaint, a hotel party occurring in the room next to us, within minutes of us calling the front desk.

2 Thank Matt H
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn & Suites as your Park and Cruise hotel, and for taking the time to review your experience on Trip Advisor. I would like to apologize that you were not aware of the additional parking charge prior to your arrival. I have spoken with our front desk staff and to ensure that they understand the importance of disclosing all charges that may possibly affect our guests stay's. We appreciate the positive feedback regarding our rates and the promptness of the front desk in solving the noise issue. We hope that you enjoyed your cruise and look forward to seeing you on any return visits to Baltimore.

Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

What an amazing experience. The staff and front desk employees are extremely welcoming and knowledgeable of the city. Kim who handles the morning breakfast bar is extremely nice and was able to tip us off to the Charm City Circulator (free city transit system) which we were not aware of, which ended up allowing us to see much more of the city than what we had planned since we were relying on public transportation for the length of our stay. The rooms are spacious and the bed is comfortable. The modern design is attractive and 'current' it allows you the feeling of staying at an expensive hotel for an affordable price. The hotel is conveniently located to downtown and right along the Charm City Circulator stops which makes it a breeze to tour the city. We will certainly return to this location when we make our next trip to Baltimore.

1 Thank Angela G
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you so much for writing such a positive review of the Sleep Inn and Suites. Our hotel team makes every effort to be aware of and recommend any services that Baltimore has, to make their time here as convenient and effortless as possible. I am glad that we were able to assist you in finding an appropriate mode of transportation to enable you to see as much of the city as possible. We truly appreciate it when our guests take time to write a review of their experience.. If there is anything I can do to assist you on any future stays, please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Mullica Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

The most important thing about my stays in hotels on any trips that I take, whether they be for business or pleasure, is that the hotel is very clean and well maintained. The Sleep Inn near the Inner Harbor in Baltimore is both of the above.

The General Manager, Lucy Boston, runs a very tight ship. The front desk staff, including Tyler, Christopher, Treasure and a young gentleman who's name escapes me, is very friendly and extremely accommodating. I've stayed at quite a few different hotels in the Baltimore City area, and the Sleep in is the most pleasurable for me. Although it's not in the center of the Inner Harbor where the much higher priced hotels are, the hotel is only about 3 years old and also offers easy access and transportation to everything.

Thank you all at the Sleep Inn for your kind hospitality, I look forward to seeing you again very soon! Peace, Roy M.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Redsoxroy
Roy, Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write such a kind review of the Sleep Inn and Suites on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your continued support and loyalty to our hotel. You have become like family to us and we want you to know how much we enjoy your visits. All of our staff looks forward to seeing you when you are in Baltimore, and we are glad that you have made us your preferred hotel. If you need anything at all on your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me.

410-779-6166 Ext. 110
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stayed here back in March 2012, and decided to return to a place with great beds, great customer service, and a lovely atmosphere...and im happy to say things are just as great as they were back in 2012.

The beds are still super comfortable, the employees are all very friendly and helpful. The rooms are really clean and the whole hotel has a fresh clean smell. The breakfast was great as usual..waffles/eggs/sausage/breads/yogurt/etc. Its a short walk down to the harbor. Although it may seem sketchy to walk during the night..we walked a few times at night and it was absolutely fine. I'd return here in a heartbeat. Low prices(especially with AAA memberships), polite staff, and amazing beds will keep me coming back.

Room Tip: Although its near the end of the highway, i never really heard any road noises...so any room is fine