“Failed to provide transportation - late for important interview”

Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Madison, Wisconsin
“Failed to provide transportation - late for important interview”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night before an important interview at Johns Hopkins. When I checked in, I asked the front desk the best way to get to my important interview in the morning. The front desk assured me that would arrange my ride with their transportation service for 6am. Later that night, I stopped at the front desk to inquire if my ride could be changed to 545am (as I was contacted and told my interview would start earlier). The front desk called their transportation service while I was standing there and confirmed my ride would be there at 545am. In the morning, I was in the lobby started at 540am. My ride NEVER came. The front desk said they didn't know what happened. They said they would try to call me a cab, but the wait was over 1 hour due to the weather! I finally found my own expensive transportation but was LATE for my very important interview, which probably cost me the job. Very unprofessional behavior - if the staff can't guarantee their transportation, they should have told me and I would have arranged my own the night before.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Lynn F
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the transportation on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with our front desk and the transportation company we use to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations on your next visit to Baltimore.

Warm Regards,
Lucy Boston
410-779-6166 Ext. 110
lucy@sleepinnbaltimore.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
pennsylvania
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Great hotel if your planning a trip to Inner Harbor. Hotel was an old warehouse that has been remodeled, very clean and pleasing. If you like to walk it is within walking distance from the aquarium area and the landing with the shops but might just be a bit far depending on the temperature or your desire.

Breakfast wasn't the highlight of the stay by any means, typical continental offerings but theirs was just a bit sub par even for a sleep in.

Definitely worth considering

Room Tip: suites were a nice size but standard rooms were still nicely equipped.
Oakton, Virginia
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was our first experience staying in the Inner Harbor. We were very comfortable with the accommodations. Parked the car in the hotel lot and walk everywhere we needed to go all weekend. Both gentlemen at the front desk were helpful and professional. The breakfast setup was very nice, and Debbie was super efficient, courteous, and attentive to guest needs.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I had a great stay. Very reasonable price, nice room & a short cab drive away from the harbor. I thought the breakfast hours should be extended past 9:30. Chris at the front desk was extra accommodating.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This hotel is a nice place to stay for a visit to Baltimore. We were only here overnight but would come again if we were to visit Baltimore for longer next time. Chris on the front desk when we arrived was helpful and checked us in with no problems. The room on the second floor was large and although it only had double beds was comfortable. The bathroom only had a shower and although it was a very good shower a bath would have been a welcome option. The only problem we had with the room was the other guests around us, there were children running up and down the hallways banging on doors and shouting to what I assume were more of their group, this continued for a good hour until finally at 11pm my husband was ready to go and bang on the door himself! I called down to Chris at the front desk and he said he would try and find out who was responsible and get them to quieten down. If he was successful or not I am not sure but it did go quiet so that was good. As with all these hotels the breakfast area was quite small but clean. Eggs, bacon and a selection of bagels, toast and muffins to get you on your way. We did find out that the hotel offer discounted tickets to the National Aquarium which is on the Harbour. This was only a ten minute walk and although the weather was horrendous well worth the visit. Parking was $15 but when were searching for hotels this was one of the cheapest and they allowed us to leave the car there after we had checked out to visit the Aquarium.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

The Sleep Inn is convenient, reasonably priced and nicely appointed. Very roomy. Staff is very outgoing and helpful! this hotel had just what we needed, no more and no less. Would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JeriMo
Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 26, 2013

"Can't get there from here" - Had to drive around several one-way streets to finally get to the Hotel. Sign for N. President St off of Fayette is so small you miss it, and stay hard right or you'll be back on 83 again!! OR go around the block on N. Gay to Falls Rd - either way - for first time at Hotel - tough to get there. Even a call to the front desk couldn't find anyone who could provide accurate directions from Hopkins. However, once you get there - Hotel is very Clean, neat, - Rooms quiet - Comfortable Double Beds - No Queen Size available. Rooms and Hotel are well-appointed but not flashy - just enough amenities for comfortable overnight accommodations without being overpriced. Supposed to have special rate for Hopkins Transplant patients (showed $89/night - good price for Baltimore) - Kim in Breakfast Center is more than accommodating and friendly - Great Breakfast -Parking is very reasonable at $15/night.

Room Tip: If need to get back and forth in a hurry - elevator is slow - ask for first floor room if available.