“Comfortable with friendly service”

Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
“Comfortable with friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We checked out of our room today with nothing but compliments to report. Check in was fast, parking was easy to access, rooms were clean and comfortable, location worked well for us, and all four front desk employees we talked to were friendly and very helpful. The gentlman who checked us in last night even gave us some coupons to use when we asked for some suggestions on what we could do on a thursday night. The lady working in the breakfast area today was a hard worker and did her job very well. This added to our breakfast experience, which was very good considering it was complimentary. We will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank richannalea
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
We want to thank you for taking the time to share with us and the TripAdvisor community on your recent stay. We truly appreciate it when guests take the time out of their day to leave us a wonderful review, and please know that this kind gesture doesn't go unnoticed. If there is ever anything we can do to accommodate you in a future visit to our hotel, please do not hesitate to contact us. We're here for you! Thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Richmond, VA, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed on a Thursday night and had a great experience. Very nice quiet room, no bath tub but had a nice shower which we prefer. Kim, Tyler & Glenn were very friendly and helpful and suggested places to eat and helped arrange transportation. The breakfast was good with the usual breads, dry cereal, instant oatmeal & grits, apples, oranges, bananas, coffee, tea, juices, waffles, yogurt and most importantly for us avoiding gluten they had scrambled egg patties and sausage. A very pleasant surprise was the Thursday night wine and cheese that had a nice spread and was just great as we waited for the shuttle to take us to dinner. We did not get the name of the young lady who set it up but she too was very friendly and helpful. They had free wifi which we did not use. We are reluctantly leaving to go to a large hotel for a conference.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Baltimore, we appreciate your business. We are happy to read that we were able to surprise you with our wine and cheese night. We love to take this opportunity to get to know our guests better. Thank you for mentioning our wonderful staff members. We'll make sure to pass along your kind comments. I’m certain it will put a smile on their faces! If there is ever anything we can do to accommodate you in a future visit to our hotel please don't hesitate to contact us. We're here for you!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I had come here from another hotel where the staff was indeed incredible however I didn't think lighting could/would strike twice. Was I surprised!. I first encountered a lady at the front desk names Tyler. Now I LOOKED like a recruit for Al Queida, wearing the UGLIEST hat I've ever owned, and a members only jacket. I SCREAMED homeless person but she didn't even bat an eye. Professionalism flowed from her like water. She assisted my check in process and actually made me feel better about being me. The outside of the property is quite well maintained and beautiful. The inside is soothing and welcoming. The room was/is comfortable and also appealing to the eye. Debi who prepares the breakfast items is both gregarious and professional and the food is top notch. the night clerk has a slight accent and it adds to the charm of this place. Even the housekeeping staff is efficient and friendly. I can find NO FAULT with this place and would stay here any chance I got. I HIGHLY recommend it. 24 hour computer availability, free Wi-Fi, and even a fitness gym open from 6am - 10 pm. Laundry service for those on the go or washer/dryers on the 2nd floor. Even the vending machines are well stocked and modern. This is the 1st review I have ever written but I felt it warranted. As Tyler stated, though this may be a corporate hotel, they like to maintain a "bed and breakfast feeling". They've succeeded. If I could rate this 6 stars, I would. Jack Johnson

Room Tip: I only stayed in rm 109 so I can't speak for which are the best, but 109 is FREAKING HUGE with 2...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to the rest of the team, we all love to hear back from our satisfied customers.

I hope to welcome you back to the Sleep Inn and Suites in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you need any assistance making future reservations.

Raleigh, nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Brought our two grandsons with us to visit the "big" city. The facility is very new and has a modern/industrial theme. Feels much higher quality than the normal Sleep Inn. The room was very pleasant and quiet. Breakfast was exceptional. To top all that, every one of the staff with which we interacted was simply terrific. We stayed for three days. Easy walk to the Inner Harbor and a safe neighborhood. We also walked to Little Italy for dinner one evening.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. I am happy to hear we were able to pleasantly surprise you with our modern décor and exceptional service.

I also enjoy the short walk to the Inner Harbor weekly, Little Italy is one of my favorite places to have dinner. We hope to welcome you and your grandchildren back soon. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need help in making any future reservations.

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is an absolute gem of a hotel just outside the Inner Harbor, Harbor East, and Little Italy. The hotel feels practically brand-new with smart, contemporary decor throughout. Rooms were immaculate with flat-screen TV, iron, hair dryer, etc.

The price (at least what I had booked) could not be beat compared to the nearby higher-end hotels about a 15-minute walk away. It was less than half the rate.

There is a nice hot breakfast spread in the morning available.

Most importantly, the staff is among the most professional and friendly I have every met at a hotel. They could have easily fit in at the Marriott Waterfront down the street where my conference was. I had great conversations with them and service was always with a genuine smile - thanks to Lola, Glen, and Debbie for a great stay in Baltimore!

Mihir Shah
Columbia, SC

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel have a nice view of downtown.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chi2Midlands
Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review about your recent stay at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor!

I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to the rest of the team, we all love to hear feedback from our guest’s. We hope to welcome you back soon, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance making future reservations.

Rossville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I were in Baltimore, MD with our daughter who was being treated at John Hopkins. We were there for almost 5 weeks. Sleep Inn on Fallsway were great to us while we were there. The rooms were very clean and nice, breakfast was very good, staff excellant, parking and transpotation provided by hotel with free transpotation to John Hopkins. Several resteaurant delivered to the hotel. They kept the loby very clean. They made a very diiucult time for us easier. We highly recommend this hotel. We liked that it was off the main road. Room service was great. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We liked in the front of the hotel because it gave a better view of the city
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. Even though you were not here for leisure reasons, I hope you enjoyed your time here in Charm City.

Thank you taking the time to write us a great review, and your willingness to share your experience is greatly appreciated. On behalf of myself and the rest of the staff, I wish you and your daughter the best, and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Hlohovec, Slovakia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was looking for a hotel to stay at during a conference at Baltimore Convention Centre, and I found this hotel on hotels.com website. What caught my eye is that it was an old warehouse building converted into a hotel, as i always try to support companies that invest into revitalizing old buildings in urban areas. Sleep Inn has done very good job in bringing the building back to life.
My room with 2 double beds was very spacious with modern decor. Wifi worked well, and the room was spotless clean.
Front desk service was prompt and attentive, Chris on the night shift was extremely helpful and friendly.
Hotel was only a short walk from the Inner Harbor. Parking was $15 a day which is reasonable.
I have enjoyed my stay and whenever I return to Baltimore i will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TomasBillik
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. We appreciate you recognizing us for our originality! We love being able to provide spacious modern rooms, and at a great rate!

We look forward to welcoming you back in Charm City on your next trip to Baltimore. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.