Ranked #10 of 65 Hotels in Baltimore
Raleigh, nc
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Brought our two grandsons with us to visit the "big" city. The facility is very new and has a modern/industrial theme. Feels much higher quality than the normal Sleep Inn. The room was very pleasant and quiet. Breakfast was exceptional. To top all that, every one of the staff with which we interacted was simply terrific. We stayed for three days. Easy walk to the Inner Harbor and a safe neighborhood. We also walked to Little Italy for dinner one evening.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. I am happy to hear we were able to pleasantly surprise you with our modern décor and exceptional service.

I also enjoy the short walk to the Inner Harbor weekly, Little Italy is one of my favorite places to have dinner. We hope to welcome you and your grandchildren back soon. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need help in making any future reservations.

lucy@sleepinnbaltimore.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is an absolute gem of a hotel just outside the Inner Harbor, Harbor East, and Little Italy. The hotel feels practically brand-new with smart, contemporary decor throughout. Rooms were immaculate with flat-screen TV, iron, hair dryer, etc.

The price (at least what I had booked) could not be beat compared to the nearby higher-end hotels about a 15-minute walk away. It was less than half the rate.

There is a nice hot breakfast spread in the morning available.

Most importantly, the staff is among the most professional and friendly I have every met at a hotel. They could have easily fit in at the Marriott Waterfront down the street where my conference was. I had great conversations with them and service was always with a genuine smile - thanks to Lola, Glen, and Debbie for a great stay in Baltimore!

Mihir Shah
Columbia, SC

Room Tip: Rooms on the front of the hotel have a nice view of downtown.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Chi2Midlands
Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review about your recent stay at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor!

I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to the rest of the team, we all love to hear feedback from our guest’s. We hope to welcome you back soon, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you need any assistance making future reservations.

Rossville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I were in Baltimore, MD with our daughter who was being treated at John Hopkins. We were there for almost 5 weeks. Sleep Inn on Fallsway were great to us while we were there. The rooms were very clean and nice, breakfast was very good, staff excellant, parking and transpotation provided by hotel with free transpotation to John Hopkins. Several resteaurant delivered to the hotel. They kept the loby very clean. They made a very diiucult time for us easier. We highly recommend this hotel. We liked that it was off the main road. Room service was great. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We liked in the front of the hotel because it gave a better view of the city
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. Even though you were not here for leisure reasons, I hope you enjoyed your time here in Charm City.

Thank you taking the time to write us a great review, and your willingness to share your experience is greatly appreciated. On behalf of myself and the rest of the staff, I wish you and your daughter the best, and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Hlohovec, Slovakia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was looking for a hotel to stay at during a conference at Baltimore Convention Centre, and I found this hotel on hotels.com website. What caught my eye is that it was an old warehouse building converted into a hotel, as i always try to support companies that invest into revitalizing old buildings in urban areas. Sleep Inn has done very good job in bringing the building back to life.
My room with 2 double beds was very spacious with modern decor. Wifi worked well, and the room was spotless clean.
Front desk service was prompt and attentive, Chris on the night shift was extremely helpful and friendly.
Hotel was only a short walk from the Inner Harbor. Parking was $15 a day which is reasonable.
I have enjoyed my stay and whenever I return to Baltimore i will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TomasBillik
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor. We appreciate you recognizing us for our originality! We love being able to provide spacious modern rooms, and at a great rate!

We look forward to welcoming you back in Charm City on your next trip to Baltimore. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Stow, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

When we arrived we were greeted by a very friendly desk clerk that was very helpful and efficient. We have stayed at this hotel before our cruises several times and have found the hotel clean, quiet, spacious rooms and friendly staff. A great deal if leaving car for travel or cruise. The free continental breakfast was very adequate, plenty of choices. The staff helps make our stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Welcome back to the Sleep Inn and Suites Downtown Inner Harbor! We hope to continue to welcoming you back to Baltimore, and provide you with the same exceptional service every time. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly when making future reservations, and I will be happy to assist you.

Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is in a very rough area of Baltimore near police station juvenile hall and the area they call The Block which is where a lot of vice prositution and drug crime happens. You essentially have to walk through some pretty rough areas to get from hotel to Inner Harbor. It is not a safe walk. That being said, the hotel is a kinda oasis in this area - slightly secluded and off the main road from al the action. Parking is adjacent to the hotel (daily fee) and a guard is checking on cars every 15 or so minutes or at least hourly throughout the night. The hotel lobby is really nice and modern. But check in took forever - the staff needs to look behind the person they are servicing and if they see 2 other parties in line don't take time on such small details as what they can see out their window - be polite and expedient and move on! The rooms were nice. Sparsly furnished with minimal furniture save the bed and a desk/chair. The bathrooms were a little dated. Nothing ugly or bad just nothing drop-dead awesome. I guess it's about right for price and a major metropolitian city area and what you get; about as good as could be expected. Not luxury but it does not say Ritz on the sign, either. So expect Sleep Inn not The Ritz.

Room Tip: Don't walk around at night at all, and don't take a laptop or anything expensive with you if...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mark W
Lucy B, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Downtown Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I have worked at the hotel for over two years now and find the area to be safe. I take the short ten minute walk to the harbor at least once a week and find all of Baltimore's attractions to be in close distance to the hotel. We are not located near where the Vice was filmed or the 'block' as you mentioned in your review.

I apologize for your delayed check in, our front desk team is trained to make sure that all of our guests are given all the amount of information needed/requested during the check in process to make their stay as enjoyable as possible. The new Designed to Dream theme that has been developed for all Sleep Inn's is modern and fresh, with a 'no clutter' feeling, which may be why you thought the room had minimal furniture - many of our guests love the decor of our rooms. I'm happy to read you liked our lobby, my favorite part are the waterfalls as you enter the hotel!

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Baltimore, and thank you for choosing to stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites.

Cortlandt Manor, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

The hotel was clean and everything worked. The staff was very friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay great. The breakfast was very good and we even had free wine and cheese on Thursday night. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JoEllen G
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites. I am pleased you were able to attend our weekly Wine and Cheese Happy Hour, we love the opportunity to talk to our guests! I'm glad you enjoyed our free hot breakfast buffet and found are staff to be friendly, i'll be sure to pass along your kind words to all of my team.

Please let me know if I can be of any help with future reservations.